Neglected Animals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The water issue wasn't mentioned in the first post. It wasn't mentioned until the pics showed that the cattle were not malnurished.

It wasn't mentioned in the first post because I was looking for advice. Later on I had to justify why I thought these animals were and are subject to neglect.

Tell me, if your cupboards were bare, how long would you wait to buy groceries for your kids? Would they have to be half starved before you went grocery shopping? Hopefully not. Yes, kids are different from cows and horses, but neglect is neglect. If I saw some kids being neglected I'd speak up for them too.

Woody

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Steaks usually come from steers.... Heifers are usually kept in the herd or sold to other herds to raise calves. When a heifer calves, then they become cows. When cows are butchered, hamburger or dog food is usually the result.

Fine. I like fresh hamburger too. My dogs love good meat as well - be it beef, chicken, lamb or pork. Thank you for the info.

Woody

PS: Some of the cattle out there are steers.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will answer the cupboard question when the sun sets. I am holding umbrellas and shooing flies at the moment.

With regards to shelter, take a trip up through the Oklahoma Panhandle sometime and tell me how much in the way of stands of trees there are. We ran cattle up there for decades and the only shelter that was provided was windbreaks in the SE corner of a wheat, milo, or corn stubble field in the winter. For example, can you see a tree in this photo? This is in the western edge of Texas County along Highway 3.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With regards to shelter, take a trip up through the Oklahoma Panhandle sometime and tell me how much in the way of stands of trees there are. We ran cattle up there for decades and the only shelter that was provided was windbreaks in the SE corner of a wheat, milo, or corn stubble field in the winter. For example, can you see a tree in this photo? This is in the western edge of Texas County along Highway 3.

If trees or an arroyo or two were present, the cattle would no doubt seek them for shelter in the heat and cold. Bear in mind that cattle are not native to the area nor the whole United States for that matter. Any bison that were present before fences were able to roam wherever they needed to go, but not so for the cattle we introduced and keep fenced in.

Few people consider shelter for cattle a necessity but it is written into Oklahoma law, and in my opinion, if the cattle will seek and employ shelter when it is available, the cattle need it. I doubt the cattle consider shelter a luxury.

Woody

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is 99.9% of not-for-profits and churches out there. Take away their entitled tax status and just watch how many of those folks would be left doing "God's work".
There are a lot of churches that do this. This is why it was commanded that churches have elders to lead congregations. But so many disregard it and have one person that controls it all. Think life church. The guy who founded it and owns it is he biggest scam artist around. My church tells us everything we are doing with the money. And we help a lot of different people and missions. That’s the way it’s supposed to be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom