Neighbor Woes on a Private Road: Part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
at some point it might be worth a bit of time and money to have a lawyer get involved. Either to read the ownership agreement for the road and/or send a letter to the guy. Making him shell out some $ for a lawyer (or the thread of needing to) might sway him a bit. Even the idea of going to mediation.

perhaps it's not the route you want to go, but have you inquired if the city could take over the ownership of the road? Might be a political issue, but that'd at least allow for more clear guidelines.

And, as CHenry mentioned, i'm sure there is some kind of easement involved somewhere, so likely some group has a stake in the matter (even if the issue is maintaining the road to access other areas, like the highway easement)
A lawyer is the next step if the city fails me. I’ve never sued anybody in my life but at this point I would have no other choice. The old ways of violence or “knocking sense” into someone are unfortunately all but dead.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone owns the easement, private or not. And it aint gonna be a neighbor usually
I know OG&E has an easement on the road. I tried contacting them and couldn’t get to anybody.

I have a record of all the easements on the road but not too sure who owns them...they are basically descriptions of a right of way on the main road.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lawyer is the next step if the city fails me. I’ve never sued anybody in my life but at this point I would have no other choice. The old ways of violence or “knocking sense” into someone are unfortunately all but dead.

You may not need to sue. Of course, they've taken stupid to a hell of an extreme here.... but letters can go a long way. A good attorney might be able to think of something you haven't.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good Lawyer....and if you cannot do nothing...Tell the attorney to make two thousand dollars worth of problems for the guy...you'll be surprised what they can do....and the resulting misery heaped upon them, by a smiling lawyer....old bills, child support,...just like what they did to Trump....but cheaper.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Instead of putting a tin horn on the dudes driveway could you maybe put a tin horn in on the road where it washes due to his driveway not having a tin horn?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Instead of putting a tin horn on the dudes driveway could you maybe put a tin horn in on the road where it washes due to his driveway not having a tin horn?
Ummm, to function, a drainage pipe does have to be placed in the lowest elevation where the drainage is...in the ditchline under the drive

Latest posts

Top Bottom