Neighbor Woes on a Private Road: Part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he won a judgement and didnt pay maybe a lien could be put on his property for the amount owed.

If only there was a profession, a group of well schooled people, that could provide such answers.

Society should come up with somehow to get questions like these answered. There should be somewhere to turn for these things.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If only there was a profession, a group of well schooled people, that could provide such answers.

Society should come up with somehow to get questions like these answered. There should be somewhere to turn for these things.
Thats why I called this a troll.
I wouldnt be taking a legal matter to SM for advice lol I have before but it was something simple such as selling my dads truck.
And then gripe about how its consuming me.
I'd handle it.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats why I called this a troll.
I wouldnt be taking a legal matter to SM for advice lol
And the gripe about how its consuming me.
I'd handle it.

Not really a hollofa lot left to discuss here.

He's been advised, short of hiring an engineer to design something around the issue, that he's either gonna get relief from the court or from city enforcement. His other options are to live with it or move. If anyone sees a different option than those, now would be the time to trot it out here.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not really a hollofa lot left to discuss here.

He's been advised, short of hiring an engineer to design something around the issue, that he's either gonna get relief from the court or from city enforcement. His other options are to live with it or move. If anyone sees a different option than those, now would be the time to trot it out here.
It doesnt take much to engineer this. I build ditches and driveways with side drains on every highway I design. Its pretty simple. But your right, he's got options as suggested here.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish this was a troll post. The pictures should be proof enough

edit: and Im Sorry but I have lost my sense of humor about this whole deal. It’s literally draining my soul

Oh Geez...Get a Lawyer on this already. Your giving yourself ulcers, getting the FIL ready to fight like he is Mike Tyson, and still have a problem.

Enough...Call a Attorney !

This is only going to blow up on you if you don't stop it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone else was having a very similar issue to this about a year ago... whoever that was, can you tell us how it turned out?

That was me. The issues with my neighbor haven’t changed. I still do 100% of the road maintenance grading, repairing pot holes, while recently adding $1300 of crusher run rock to the surface. Clean out the ditches, mow 3/10 mile of easement and don’t get compensated one penny.
When we spent the summer in Co last year we came home to Johnson grass 8’ tall along the easement. My ZTR couldn’t handle it so that cost me $1600 for a new three point brush hog.
Wife went over with the receipts for the gravel to see if she would cost share with us. She told my wife she wasn’t going to pay anything because we have more vehicles than her and she doesn’t go to town much.
I’ll tell you what kind of a person she is. We had a water quality company recently install a UV-C water sanitizer system in our house. The plumbers said they put a water softener in for her three years ago with a two year warranty. They said every month she would call saying the softener wasn’t working. When they made the free service call, the issue was just low salt so they would add salt and leave. At the last month of the warranty she went to the office and complained that it hadn’t worked right since she bought it and wanted a new one free of charge. SMH
She went to the postmaster complaining that the rural mail carrier was driving on her grass. Carrier had to so to get to the mailboxes.
My cousin is her DIL. Cousin said she constantly complains I’m not doing enough to maintain the road.
She’s a looney toon, so I just go about my business and don’t worry about it anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom