Neighbor Woes on a Private Road: Part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been thinking it over and i dont really feel obligated to pay for the work he did. When we talked to him last FIL said "i have a tin horn at my house and we will put it in and be done with it"...and i left that night saying "pick a driveway and let me know". He called the cops the next day which pretty much i took as he wasnt willing to work with me. I come home Sunday afternoon and they were finishing up with the second one...I drove by slow and stared in amazement while the neighbor ignored me and when i waved at the guy on the excavator he mean mugged the **** outta me like they werent feeling too friendly about the whole deal lol.

To me it appeared that he wasnt interested in my help but I do think it would be decent for me to go ahead and put some gravel down in that area. He has mentioned several times about the expense of gravel being too much so i have a feeling he will put that off. I would think he would appreciate that but who knows.

Honestly i dont ever care to see or talk to the guy again. never in my life have i been so frustrated...and watching FIL blow up like that made it even worse. I feel terrible that he got involved even if it was what nudged him into action. if he were to approach me and ask for some help on the cost of installing the tin horns i would at least listen to him and would probably pitch in as technically we did offer to install one. Im down for just about anything to end this back and forth bullsh!t.

Last edited:

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wonder how big of an ol boy is he lol
seriously man maybe 5'8" 160ish pounds...hes been whooping ass on southside OKC his whole life though and has a reputation for extreme violence. Super great dude always nice and friendly and tries to help people in need but if someone goes out of their way to disrespect him a switch gets flipped and all hell breaks loose. It's rare though he doesnt go around blowing up on people all the time...I've seen it happen only a few times now in the 18 years i've known him.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
seriously man maybe 5'8" 160ish pounds...hes been whooping ass on southside OKC his whole life though and has a reputation for extreme violence. Super great dude always nice and friendly and tries to help people in need but if someone goes out of their way to disrespect him a switch gets flipped and all hell breaks loose. It's rare though he doesnt go around blowing up on people all the time...I've seen it happen only a few times now in the 18 years i've known him.
He sounds like me. Level headed but if you screw with me or mine, I'll rip some heads off. But I'm 6'-1 and 240 lol Them smaller guys can be wirery as hell

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also asphalt millings can be found cheaper. Find a contractor doing a coldmill job on an asphalt road and have it delivered - sometimes free. They have to get rid of the stuff. Contact Sherwood construction and ask.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I remember seeing news stories about neighbors who either had a "mural" painted on the side of their home, facing a neighbor's house, or even got a cement sculpture installed in the yard.

Of course the artwork looked exactly like a fist with a raised middle finger (aka, New Jersey salute).
Since it was "art" there was nothing the authorities could do about it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was paying $400 for belly dump semi loads of 2.5” crush so that sounds pretty high to me.
2.5" will make a decent base. Crusher run is great stuff on that slope.
Who is going to maintain it after the rock is laid? Just you?

Have FIL pm me his hourly badass rate please.

Latest posts

Top Bottom