Neighborhood Association PC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One to the hip and post 13s are required for admission to the re-education camp.

Or so I've heard...

My how times have changed. That used to be a Post 12.:fallangel

I like the Next Door thing but I NEVER post. It's kinda interesting what my neighbors, most of whom I've never met, have to say. My personal mantra of "Wave politely and keep moving so no one can engage me" seems to be a solid plan. These people around here are NUTS.

Last edited:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the initiative, but the AKC does not recognize pit bulls.

That's because "Pit Bull" is not a breed. Pits are bred more for temperament first, appearance second. AKC is more about standardizing a breed appearance, although temperament is often included in a breed standard.

Eta: Oops, sorry. I see why you said what you did now. Forgive me, I've slept since I read the OP. Lol

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to AKC you're correct, ACA not so much

Lol, stealth edit is a wonderful thing. :blush:

You are correct. ACA is all about undomesticating dogs so the uneducated can be cool. Unfortunately both man and dog suffers for it. I have come to believe that people should have to take a competency test to have kids and own dogs. :smack:

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem I think is with NextDoor app in general. People are much ruder on the internet than they would be to your face. I avoid using our NextDoor app.
I really don't get this. I talk to people the same on internet as I do FTF.
People are so sensitive now days and can't even have a FTF conversation anymore without needing a safesapace for their feelings.
We had a guy on our local nextdoor app complaining about kids playing outside, repetitively.
Several parents asked him to come down and have a beer and talk about it, obviuosly the guy never comes down but continues to whine about kids riding bikes, scooters and barbie cars in the neighborhood.
People no longer can have a FTF conversation without feeling violated Or crying or I guess getting feelings hurt.
You'd think an adult could go over to the parents house and say hey I have some concerns with your kids playing in the street or whatever it is, not post incessantly about it online. Grow the F up.
Thankfully about 70% of my neighbors are active shooters, police officers and hunters so I don't worry about the PC

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem I think is with NextDoor app in general. People are much ruder on the internet than they would be to your face. I avoid using our NextDoor app.

Geez that app/website is a fess pool of old biddies that just learned the internet. I thought the idea was a great idea at first but it's just people complaining about dumb crap and people who stay at home who are afraid of every person knocking on the door. In my area we have this one lady who takes a picture of every one who knock on her door ( att, windows by Anderson, etc), proceeds to post their picture on the app and say they were suspicious, sadly I have noticed that they are of a specific race which is just sad that you think some one doing their job is shady cause of race.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a little old lady that lives next door to me that is essentially an older version of mrs. kravitz from bewitched. I was helping a buddy build a chicken tractor in my backyard one day, and next thing I know I get a knock on my front door from one of Edmond's finest. He was there because they had gotten a call from someone saying they heard clucking coming from my backyard. Nope, sorry no chickens.

As a side note, did you know you can buy pounds of dandelion seeds on amazon and eBay for nearly nothing? That summer mrs kravitz didn't have time to be nosy. ;)

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lmao! I'll have to remember that. I have a "special" neighbor, too. Pain in the ass. Always passing judgement on stuff that is NONE of her business.

Her yard is PERFECT. Maybe it could use a little more color.

Latest posts

Top Bottom