Nerdbot: A Truly Shocking Video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember when I was a kid-maybe 9 years old and messing with electricity and I got shocked and I've never forgotten the incident. I respect electricity like it was a Rattlesnake. Brother-in-law worked on his 220V dryer without turning off the electricity and blew his elbow out-completely stewpid!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spent my entire career working with voltages from 440 volts to over 600K volts. Its nothing to mess with. As part of a safety demonstration, I would put a hot dog between two electrodes, then energize it with 440 volts. It would explode like a bomb. Human flesh does the same. If you engage 440 volts with a finger and it exits from your feet, your internal organs reach a temperature that causes death. Its been too long, and I don't remember the exact temps and times, but it seems like a second of 440 voltage raises the internal organ temps to over 300 degrees.
I have a scar on the back of my hand when coming into contact with 440V. It entered my finger and exited from the back of the hand that was grounded. Felt like I was beat with sledge hammers for a week afterward.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For a bit, I worked on RADAR that produce -47,000 Volts. Would weld your knees to the floor plates if you failed to safely discharge the energy with the idiot stick, or use the grounding rod correctly. Never had an issue, but saw a few guys get the living snot shocked out of them on the Voltage regulator.

Latest posts

Top Bottom