Never seen this before!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That seems crazy, especially given that they give the guns a test fire before they leave, supposedly. Guess not with the price of ammo being so high. 🙃

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
You can see by the side plate that the parts were there at some point..... And the rust only on the hammer is odd as well. Also I believe there is soot from being fired that has come in through the firing pin .

Would like to see the cylinder open as well! Wonder if there is soot at the crane as well.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you remove the rebound slide? Because it gone!
Yes I did, it was just not in the picture. I began disassembly of it before that picture was taken. After I got the hammer spring and rebound slide out, I took the pictures, then pulled the firing pin.

I just felt so sorry for the lady because it was sold to her as a brand new firearm.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bet you anything an employee had a similar gun that they abused and "borrowed" the parts from a gun in the store. I know it shouldn't happen, but that's about the only thing I can think off that would allow for one part to be rusted and nothing else.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK was unaware of their policy since i have never been to or done business with them.

Academy isn't bad to buy firearms from. I've bought 3 firearms from them. My first, a Beretta PX4 compact in .40 S&W, I got for around $100-200 cheaper than anyone else as they price matched an online retailer who was having a sale. Yes, they carrying it up to the front and walk you out the door with it, handing it off once you are out of the store. But if I can save a good chunk of change by "enduring" that bit, I will.

Latest posts

Top Bottom