Never seen this before!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's nice to know that there are still folks out there who give a rodent's behind. Good on ya for taking care of the customer!
She was actually very nice and polite. Once we got it unloaded, we brought it out to her and showed her the firearm. We didn’t have to do a whole lot of explaining to her! She was smart enough to see it and understand that wasn’t how it was supposed to look.

Luckily, one of the range’s regular customers is also part-time gunsmith out of Blanchard. He was on site as well and I brought him in on it after I got it disassembled. He gave the lady some information as well and his contact info in case she ran into any issues returning the firearm.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bet you anything an employee had a similar gun that they abused and "borrowed" the parts from a gun in the store. I know it shouldn't happen, but that's about the only thing I can think off that would allow for one part to be rusted and nothing else.
Wouldn’t be the first time that happened.
Not with a firearm, but back in the day when Black and Decker Drill Motors were top quality, I put an $80 Jacobs on mine to replace the 3/8” factory chuck.
If anyone is familiar with Jacob chucks, they are at the top of quality.
Sent it back in for extended warranty work. It came back with the cheap 3/8” factory issue.
A couple phone calls got the right part sent back.
I don’t doubt your scenario.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
That seems crazy, especially given that they give the guns a test fire before they leave, supposedly. Guess not with the price of ammo being so high. 🙃
My brand new in the box model 65 4 inch was test fired the traditional three chambers and then shipped. It ONLY fired reliably from those three chambers. I was pissed! Sent it back to Smith and got a completely new 65 back. Different serial numbered gun. That was 1981. I'm guessing the other three chambers were milled a few thousandths deeper? Why not just a new cylinder? Why a completely new gun?

I used to be a die hard S&W fan in the 70's but not after this. Never bought another Smith & Wesson gun.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All manufacturers are rushing stuff out the door asap. Something has to give with the old adage you can have fast, cheap, but not good or you can have any 2 of the 3.
The way I learned that aphorism is "You can have fast, good, or cheap. Pick two."

Though personally, I believe you can only get one of them for most things.

Range Plunker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Along with Academy firearm purchases, you should always check their ammo boxes as well. I've heard that people will take ammo from the boxes for their carry pistols; then, replace the boxes on the shelf. An unsuspecting ammo buyer will then get home, and open a box with only partial shells therein.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The few guns I’ve purchased there they’ve made it very clear with each purchase that they do not accept returns on firearms. If there are any problems contact the manufacturer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom