New 300BLK PMAG's coming soon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.magpul.com/products/pmag-30-ar-300-b-gen-m3-300-blk

I know some people don't care for the PMAG's but for those who do and have a 300BLK you may have found that you need to either run Gen M3's or modify them so they work right and even then it can still be not quite perfect. Looks like Magpul decided to make a dedicated mag for the 300BLK people.

One thing that I understand but really isn't much of a change is the rib design difference. I bought a completely different color mag for my 300BLK and the design change for the outside to me isn't enough to prevent someone from picking up the wrong mag and ramming a 300BLK into a 5.56/223 rifle. I feel like it should have went farther than just deleting a couple ribs.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked but couldnt tell what the major differences were in the blackout mags. Now, I only run pmags in my AR platforms and 95% of the time its with a Blackout. I have never had a problem with feeding with mine but I shoot hunting supers pretty much exclusively. I thought the rib they were talking about eliminating is the one inside just down from the top which seems to hang up some of the longer subsonics. I would call it more of a tit than a rib. But that may not be what their talking about at all. Ill find a pic of the way I keep my blackout mags marked so there will be no mistaking.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
13606621_1368023649880931_6034599085902442637_n.jpg
13612230_1373607679322528_7674156824883486911_n.jpg

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are just rubber bands that go around the mag. The red ones say 300 Blackout Super and I have some yellow lettered ones that say 300 Blackout Subsonic. Got them off ebay. I keep dust covers on my mags so its nice to have them and just grab them and know what your getting. Plus they come right off and I can put them on whatever mag I want.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are just rubber bands that go around the mag. The red ones say 300 Blackout Super and I have some yellow lettered ones that say 300 Blackout Subsonic. Got them off ebay.
You can also order "youth" size wrist bands in whatever text and color combination you'd like from a variety of online sources, generally a bit less expensive than you can purchase on eBay. I have some I use with metal mags.

Personally I don't see any real benefit in pMags except for .308

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I agree that there are other ways to keep track and the way they are doing it is little to no difference from standard mags. I picked up something at one point and ended up with one of the 5.56 bands.

What I did for the 300BLK has no way to be mistaken as a different mag. All my 5.56 are black and 30 round, the 300 blk is tan and 40 round. If it's full you can tell right off the bat.

I bought a couple pmags before I even had my rifle complete. The lubricity of metal against plastic is one of the things I like along with no dents from a drop taking it out of commission without knowing what may have happened. A steel or aluminium mag can easily cave in on a side and cause an issue that is harder to see, the way I figure it when a pmag quits it's probably pretty well got some cracks or pieces missing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom