new .308 load 155A-Max 8208XBR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is one I tried. 3 different days now.
Lapua cases.44.1gr. 8208XBR , 155 A-max .005" off the lands.(2.816" in my gun) CCI 200 primers.
I tried Federal 210M and the group was not consistent . And it was larger.

It stays under 1" at 200 yards.
I abandoned the recipe a while back as I was using the 210M primers and was not impressed.
During my brass fail test i was using CCI 200 primers and creating some nice groups..I tried the 210M during the brass fail test and my Groups opened up to over twice as large.
I think the primer could be too volatile and being an not so full case of powder could be disrupting the bullet.

Something like that.. amazed what a primer change can do for groupings,, especially when you start shooting way out there.

Anyway I got a new scope with triangles on the reticle and they are unevenly spaced.
Bullet drop type reticle.

I got it dialed in ,I hope. Center cross hair is a bit over 1" high at 100 and at 200 about 1" or so low.
First dot (triangle) down is my 300 yard and it is on the money.
Second dot is 3" low for 400 yards.
Third one is 3.5" low for 500 yards.
As long as i pull up a hair at 400 and 500 I am good to go.
There is a 4th dot but I did not go that far.
It is supposed to be first dot is 200 and second is 300.. Not for my gun..this was on 10 power.

So after shooting large tall paper I set out milk jugs.. OH YEA!
None at 100,, too easy.
One at 200. then 300 and 400 and final at 500 yards.
Shooting off the top of of my Geo metro I killed each milk jug with 1 shot fired at each one.
Kind of cool to hear the explosion ..Yes they exploded.

Now I need a deer/hog or coyote to walk in front of me.
No excuses now..

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey swamp. You should come up to Red Castle some time and join me shooting against the F-class open guys. I run a factory gun as well and it would be nice to have some company against the big boys.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never shot competition.. never joined any kind of group either.. But i do like to shoot..MOA of gallon jug ain't great but is fun

Latest posts

Top Bottom