New 60 Day Tag Grace Period

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been seeing a lot of vehicles on the road with paper tags up to a year old being the longest, to no plates at all.

I think its BS, if you are going to buy a vehicle and operate it on a public roadway, then you should have 30 days to tag it. If you can afford to buy it, you can afford to tag it.

Makes me wonder how many of those vehicles have insurance? Or even valid drivers licenses for the drivers.

In other words pay your damn taxes.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still see them all the time.
I'm convinced the po po sees them and "lets them go to seed" so later on when they need to stop someone they will have probable cause.

From the website link above.

How long after tags expire can you drive in Oklahoma?​

Oklahoma DMV License Renewal There is a 60-day grace period after the expiration date, when you can get an Oklahoma driver’s license renewal without any late fees. After two years you will have to start over in the process, taking the written test, the driving test and a vision screening.

As @Early mentioned, the answer to this question about tags is talking about driver's licenses, not tags. So, the answer doesn't match the question at that website.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I have been seeing a lot of vehicles on the road with paper tags up to a year old being the longest, to no plates at all.

I think its BS, if you are going to buy a vehicle and operate it on a public roadway, then you should have 30 days to tag it. If you can afford to buy it, you can afford to tag it.

Makes me wonder how many of those vehicles have insurance? Or even valid drivers licenses for the drivers.

In other words pay your damn taxes.

there was a kid here that worked at the local Ford dealership that couldn’t afford to tag his new camaro so he just kept putting a new paper tag on it every 30 days. I laughed my butt off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom