New A/C time. Any techs here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did my complete system in the spring when temperatures were mild and there was no demand for heat or cool. My old system was 30 years old and we were fortunate enough for it to make it through the previous summer. The complete system and new plenum was $7000 in April of 2017. Prices have gone UP. Let's go Brandon!

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last 3 units I have needed for my house and rental units I installed myself after ordering thru ebay.
Screenshot_20220621-220836_Samsung Internet.jpg

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most AC guys are raping the public. I understand they have to make a profit but most times there quotes are 3 times what the unit cost them. I have always installed myself in about 4 hrs if just replacing condenser unit.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do the different sized units basically use the same size refrigerant lines to and from A coil to outside unit or are they sized by the ton? I currently have a 2.5 ton and would like to upsize to either 3 or 3.5.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I checked the same place out and they want consideribly more, better deal thru ebay?
The one you priced was a complete system. The one I posted was just the condensing unit which the OP said he priced. But I have always saved money thru ebay with free shipping. Got one damaged thru shipping didnt hurt it more cosmetic. Called them and they would refunded me $600 if I was ok with it which I was.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do the different sized units basically use the same size refrigerant lines to and from A coil to outside unit or are they sized by the ton? I currently have a 2.5 ton and would like to upsize to either 3 or 3.5.

Sometimes if you go too big for the space, the unit doesn't run long enough to drop the humidity to an appropriate level. Might research your specifics to determine what is best.

Latest posts

Top Bottom