New A/C time. Any techs here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, my A/C guy would do one ton for 500 sq ft. I have 3.5 on 1750 sf home. Works great even on the hottest days.

Well insulated with replacement windows (total of 9) helps.

ScarRanger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you know if the indoor coil is 410A? If it is just the condensor that needs replaced, I am a licensed HVAC
contractor and would price you $3900 for Condensor replacement 4Tn American Standard.

cmc tom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol. I told my daughter that she probably would have got cancelled if she had bought one 2.5 months ago when she bought this house.

First it was the washer and dryer which the previous owner left, then the dishwasher quit. Now the A/C and garbage disposal both have quit. Ain't a whole lot left! House was built in 2013 or 2014, I forget which. Everything worked on the inspections and she even had two of those done.

Kinda sad. My dryer was pushing 30 years when the ex got it in the divorce. They don't make things like they used to.
The dryer or the ex? Asking for a friend.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I highly recommend A & T Mechanical. They changed out my complete HVAC system and when I call them with a question or problem, they are responsive and very communicative, usually scheduling an appointment within a day or two.

405 810 8891 www.okatmechanical.com

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, my A/C guy would do one ton for 500 sq ft. I have 3.5 on 1750 sf home. Works great even on the hottest days.

Well insulated with replacement windows (total of 9) helps.
I think that calculation is what I've heard also, if the space has 8 ft. ceilings and decent insulation and windows/exterior doors.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Volume of conditioned air and thermal load from windows, people, doors, etc. is the basic input for calculating. If there is a conditioned room over an unconditioned space like a garage, that also adds to the thermal load.

Latest posts

Top Bottom