New addition to the collection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Clay, that particular Model 66 is a "sweet spot" gun. This was when S&W was upgrading their manufacturing processes and QC got a lot better. It has the very desirable updated extractor star and cylinder latch, but retains the forged internals. Later guns went to MIM internals and a frame mounted firing pin. There are pros and cons to both, but for a stock gun yours is the better of the two variants.

The only thing missing to make it the absolute best S&W fighting gun ever, are the locating pins on the extractor star from the early "pinned & recessed" revolvers. All in all, this is a true gem!

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Me too in the pic, for some reason I missed that when I had the damn thing in my hands.
Says "66-5"
That is one of those deals that come with, ahummmm, maturity . Get used to it Mr.:cool: My latest is the honey for biscuits , looked high and low for it and found it next to the butter beside my plate on the table !! :cool: Right where my wonderful wife put it !!

Latest posts

Top Bottom