New AR 9mm pistol as a gift = happy girlfriend!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday, I surprised my gf with a 9mm AR pistol I built using the following parts: Spartan billet lower machined for Glock mags, Aero Precision upper, Ballistic Advantage 5.5" barrel, KVP linear comp, JP Enterprises bolt and silent spring combo, POF 4.5 lb trigger pack, Seekins 7" m-lok hand guard, Magpul afg, Primary Arms RDS, and a SB Tactical-15 arm brace. This morning we ran it through its paces using FMJ IMI and WWB 115 grain, Blazer Brass 124 grain, and Speer Lawman 147 grain ammo. It experienced 3-4 light primer strikes in about 60 rounds of the IMI, but no problems at all with about 300 rounds of the other three makes. It was quite accurate, especially with the WWB, though we were just plinking at 25 yards. Interestingly, the WWB was also the loudest and snappiest of the four, while the Speer was the quietest and least snappy. More of a push than anything, though it did show the most drop compared to the WWB. We were using Glock 33-round mags.

Really, the only big problem we encountered was that our ammo was depleted at an alarming rate. The AR was a major hoot to shoot, and my gf was thrilled. Here's proof:

IMG_2069.JPG

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know what you mean about the ammo depletion problems. I used a 7" Wilson barrel from FBT and it will eat anything I've put in it to date except for one load. All the good +P and +P+ HP ammo too. The load it chokes on is Remington 115 JHP in a 100 packs from Walley World, it just refuses to run that stuff. It's not too light as it'll run my USPSA lead gamer loads too. They are like a rimfire in that gun. All I can say about these are it's probably a good thing that giggle switches are regulated. :rolleyes:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome, nice build! 9mm ARs are a ton of fun.

Yes, I'm with }Bull on this. I've only had the chance to shoot a couple of them, but they are sure a lot of fun. Oh yeah; and a Happy GF is a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been waiting for someone to make a hot girlfriend comment. Maybe we aren't a bunch of barbarians after all.

That pistol looks like it would be a lot of fun.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been waiting for someone to make a hot girlfriend comment. Maybe we aren't a bunch of barbarians after all.

I could have posted a pic just of the AR pistol alone, but I wanted to show her beaming face as well ;)

It really is a lot of fun. She kept sayng it was just too easy to walk targets up the berm, and it was the most enthustiastic I'd ever seen her get about a firearm. Aside of my AR carbine in .50 Beowulf, that is!

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I wrote it 4 times and deleted it. I'll just say he has more than he deserves and leave it at that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom