New ATF Form 4473

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another fun fact about this new form, the BATFE did not get them printed and shipped soon enough to meet their deadline for dealers. Each dealer received an initial packet of 50 forms, once they dealers blow through those, they have been told to photo copy the last form or print forms from the internet. Some dealers can get by for several months with 50 forms, for others, that's a slow day.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another fun fact about this new form, the BATFE did not get them printed and shipped soon enough to meet their deadline for dealers. Each dealer received an initial packet of 50 forms, once they dealers blow through those, they have been told to photo copy the last form or print forms from the internet. Some dealers can get by for several months with 50 forms, for others, that's a slow day.

#firstworldproblems #toosuccessful

:P

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I have heard the same thing as well.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At Cabela's (and Academy Sports, Bass Pro, and I'm sure many others),,,
You don't fill out a paper 4473 form.

You do it on a computer and it goes to whoever for approval.

But yes, you would think that at least one of the three people who came out and reviewed the transaction should have caught it.

Aarond

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but isn't the NICS system ran by the FBI and not BATFE? Nit pickin' maybe...but I think that's a fact.
First call goes to a call center contracted to take such calls. Only upon getting a "further review" status is the call transferred to an FBI examiner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom