New Canik Elite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icemncmth

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ran across a used Canik Elite and ended up buying it just because I have heard great things about its trigger. I really like the feel of the gun in my hand and it really does have a great point and shoot to it. It doesn't feel as good as the CZ does in the hand but it is better than most. I took both guns out back and put a 100+ rounds of mixed ammo through each and I can say that I shot better with the Canik than the CZ. Well better is more like the Elite I just didn't have to think as much to hit the same spot as I did the CZ.

Build quality is pretty darn good. It really is hard to compare the CZ to the Canik because they are the CZ should weigh more because of the hammer assembly. I would say the CZ "feels" like it is better quality but side to side with a CZ P-10C they feel like they have the same attention to detail. The sights on the CZ 75 P-07 Duty just plain suck!!! The Canik has the Warren Tactical Sights and they really are superior to the Glock like CZ sights.

As for shooting the Canik. It really is a sweet shooting gun and the trigger is stupid good. I had read where the Canik Elite can be ammo picky but I had no issues and I was shooting a mix of all kinds of ammo. Mostly a box of mixed types. I loaded both pistols up with the mix of ammo and both just ran through them like nothing. The Canik really is easier to shoot and that really comes down to the sights. Both guns have really good triggers but since one is striker fire they are worlds different. I'm still a DA/SA fan and most likely will be for a long time.

I can carry at work so I will put the Canik through a lot of crap before I decide to carry it on me. I can say I really am looking forward to shooting it. I guess I will walk out the back door and hit some steel before I leave for work.!

20180418_130247-01.jpg

Penywisexx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Canik TP9V2, and that gun is a beast. Accuracy has always been incredible, and the trigger is better than any other pistol I've fired. I've put probably 2000-300 rounds through it and it's had zero failures at all, no matter what ammo I put through it. I keep wanting to get the newer version with optics, however for some reason I can't justify upgrading it just for the sake of upgrading (though I have no problem with AR's). I like it so much that I may pick up another one or two someday to keep new in the box for when my kids are older.

Icemncmth

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I paid about $350 for mine, and they can still be found at that price point. I would honestly pay $600 for the gun and still be satisfied.

I paid less than that for mine and it came with all the goodies. It really is a nice gun and for the price I can't think of anything that can compete with it. It shoots flat and from the factory is dead on.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've shot one, probably one of the best bang for the buck guns out there IMO. Great trigger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom