New Carry Piece

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What don’t you like about the VZ grips?
They’re too smooth for my taste. I like something with at least a little “grip”. Sweaty hands and these VZ’s don’t work well.

I’ve put nearly 100 rounds through it today, and I like the gun a lot.

These Uncle Mike’s work well with sweaty hands.
BA04417D-3E5B-42B2-BC2E-0D14C35058C7.jpeg

Last edited:

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
They’re too smooth for my taste. I like something with at least a little “grip”. Sweaty hands and these VZ’s don’t work well.

I’ve put nearly 100 rounds through it today, and I like the gun a lot.

These Uncle Mike’s work well with sweaty hands.
View attachment 278705

I use VZ’s on my 642 but they have a little more texture than the ones that came on your snubby.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been carrying some generic hollow points, but given this is a steel frame gun, I may end up carrying some 110 or 129 Federal HydraShocks.

I’m not sure it’s a good idea for liability reasons, but I may carry some handload wadcutters.
I carry the 200gr full wadcutter that Underwood ammo loads in .44 Charter Arms Boomer, supposed to a really good defensive load.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carried a Model 13 and Model 65 with Hogue Monogrips for years. I loved them because there was no adjusting the grip in the hand,. Every time I gripped the gun the grip was exactly the same and fit perfectly.

Smith, J frame, round butt, full sized,

https://www.hogueinc.com/grips/grip...tt/standard-full-size/overmolded-rubber-nylon
I have one of those grips. :thumb:

My only problem with it is that it adds grip length, and for concealed carry, I prefer the shortest grip possible.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom