New Carry Pistol!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I FINALLY got Academy to order the handgun I've been trying to get for many months. It's a Bersa BP380CC — their first polymer line of conceal carry handguns. And. I. LOVE IT! I wanted something more compact and lighter for every day carry. I love how it shoots, and it is incredibly accurate. It's a single stack 8 +1

I also wanted to get this pistol to teach my son (he is 11) how to shoot higher caliber handguns. He has been doing really well with my S&W M&P .22 Compact, and I believe he is ready to move up to .380ACP.

I realize that there are probably some .380 haters on here, and I'll probably hear that a .380 isn't enough "stopping power." Blah Blah Blah. To each his own. I love shooting .380ACP. I put some TALON grip tape on the grip this evening, and it feels so much better.

Very happy with his purchase. Academy gave me an incredible deal on it.

IMG_4269.JPG

IMG_4272.JPG

IMG_4277.JPG

IMG_4279.JPG

IMG_4287.JPG

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I have a friend who has a BP9 and likes it. My only gripe is the same as the new S&W revos: it has an internal lock. Not many .380s with a rail either.

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I thought I would post a range report on my new Bersa BP380CC. The gun is incredibly comfortable to shoot, and recoil is nearly nonexistent....just a slight step up from my M&P .22 compact. The sights are big and bright, but I will probably change them for fiber optic as soon as I can afford to do so. I have dropped several hundred dollars on .380ACP ammunition at Academy and on various websites online because when I came back from a 3 hour range session shooting this pistol, I was grinning from ear to ear and my first goal was to begin a small stockpile of .380ACP right next to my stockpile of .223/5.56.

I LOVE this pistol. I was fortunate to be shooting next to an older gentleman who was teaching his daughter (college age) to shoot the Glock 42 (.380). I noticed they were also throwing .380 brass on the ground, so I asked them if they would please shoot my new Bersa BP380CC and tell me what they thought of it. We traded for a few minutes, and I shot the Glock 42, which I had never handled before. I was pleasantly surprised with the Glock 42. I may have to get one of those — it was several noticeable ounces lighter than my Bersa .380, and I consider my Bersa to be very light and comfortable for conceal carry. They gave me positive feedback, and the daughter said she liked the Bersa better than the Glock 42. I would have to agree with her.

My only gripe about the Bersa is that additional magazines are $50 and hard to find online...although I did manage to find two of them online so I snagged them up. My targets below are all from 15 yards — each target has 8 rounds in it, so you can get an idea regarding grouping(s).

IMG_4289.JPG
IMG_4293.JPG
IMG_4294.JPG
IMG_4295.JPG
IMG_4296.JPG
IMG_4298.JPG

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice report, thanks for posting! My wife carries a .380; and I used to long ago when I carried a Walther PPK/S. I have no doubt that the cartridge will do the job if you do your part correctly. Bersa's have a well deserved reputation, glad you got something you like.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I FINALLY got Academy to order the handgun I've been trying to get for many months. It's a Bersa BP380CC — their first polymer line of conceal carry handguns. And. I. LOVE IT! I wanted something more compact and lighter for every day carry. I love how it shoots, and it is incredibly accurate. It's a single stack 8 +1

I also wanted to get this pistol to teach my son (he is 11) how to shoot higher caliber handguns. He has been doing really well with my S&W M&P .22 Compact, and I believe he is ready to move up to .380ACP.

I realize that there are probably some .380 haters on here, and I'll probably hear that a .380 isn't enough "stopping power." Blah Blah Blah. To each his own. I love shooting .380ACP. I put some TALON grip tape on the grip this evening, and it feels so much better.

Very happy with his purchase. Academy gave me an incredible deal on it.

View attachment 64092

View attachment 64093

View attachment 64094

View attachment 64095

View attachment 64096
I'm not a hater. Own the Bersa Thunder 380 and it is accurate, reliable and will get the job done. Shoot anyone with that ammo in the picture, and he (or they) are no longer a threat. It's the only gun that's comfortable IWB for me. My Glock or CZ both print or I constantly moving them.
I don't need a lesson on the way everyone carries their's or what equipment they use. The Bersa is better for me unless I carrying OWB (my preference)

Latest posts

Top Bottom