New carry weapon...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doublestack 9mm carry weapon

• Sig 320

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • S&W M&P

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Springfield XD series

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Springfield Hellcat

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • CZ of some sort

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Other...

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2.0 M&P full size or compact is my favorite 9 double stack. I haven’t handled a 2.0 45 but own some 1st generation ones. Typically the triggers on the 2.0 are better than the first generation guns.
I’ve also owned a PPQ and a VP9 and was very happy with both. They gathered dust so long that I traded them for Glocks to add to my collection. But they were better “shooters” than the Glocks.
If you want something smaller in a DS, the P365 or P365XL may be a good option for you. I have no problem popping plates at 25yards with mine.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
For a double stack excluding Glock, I would go with M&P, probably a 2.0 unless I just happened to find a great deal on a first generation.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I got in the 1.0 liquidation by S&W. $199 for the 4" with a box of bullets and a spare mag.
Apex trigger mod and it's a sweet shooter.
Damn! I missed that deal somehow.

I have never had an issue with any M&P or Glock trigger but I'm sure I wouldn't mind an aftermarket improvement either.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn! I missed that deal somehow.

I have never had an issue with any M&P or Glock trigger but I'm sure I wouldn't mind an aftermarket improvement either.
The Apex is not a great trigger, but it does shorten the pull and shorten the reset so it doesn't seem so long and tedious.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going out in left field here as I don't currently own one, but I voted for the XD series. Here is why, you said your first double stack. My guess is you haven't owned a ton of them or any in the past. Being it's your first, go cheap. When I said cheap, I mean price, not quality. You can find XD series weapons all over used for under 3 bills. Most will come with a metric ton of mags, holsters etc. Not a huge fan of the trigger, but it's combat ready and will do in 99% of all situations. The M series are very accurate too. Metal sights, non grooved trigger, metal mags and proven.

For what Springfield offers in the XD series, it's hard to beat for the price. You honestly can purchase the weapon, go out and shoot and do not need any upgrades.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The poll will not allow multiple votes. :(
S/A XDM 3.8" Compact or M&P 2.0 Compact are the two for which I would vote.
I have carried the XDM for about 6 or 7 years now, and they are very accurate and very well performing.
The M&P 2.0 is about the same, the grip angle is just a little different. I have had it for a little more than a year now.
Both of them will eat just about everything I have fed them, and are very accurate. The trigger on the M&P is a little shorter reset, maybe 3 or 4 hundredths of an inch. That is the only noticeable difference that I have found. The grip texture on the M&P is also a little more aggressive, so it may not be as comfortable when carried in an IWB holster against your skin, if you are sensitive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom