NEW Chicago P.D. Foot Pursuit Policy - Have they de-nutted the Chicago P.D.?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here. Sometimes I would have given my left nut to still be LE commissioned. It really hurt me to quit. It was time to think about my family and not me. I really liked the investigations leading up to the arrest. That was my fun.
I was, and still am I guess, an adrenaline junkie. With the exception of DV's I loved active scenes. I was very proactive. I lived for and loved the hunt, especially when I was working graveyards. There ain't nothing quite like stirring up some shite at zero dark thirty when you're the only unit in the area.

Last edited:

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like they say brother, "front row seats to the greatest show on earth.
I should clarify that my 30 years was referring to my living in and near Chicago, not wearing a badge. Although some of my very best friends still do that up there.
I was only stupid enough to do that for about a year here in Oklahoma.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The hardest part about leaving the profession is thinking of anything else that could be as fun. Plus unless you want to go into the tactical arena, there are few areas to put the skills you learn as a cop.

I work in a very liberal city, I’m educated and I have other skills but it is still very difficult to just up and leave. Add into that your brothers and sisters that you’ve fought with, trained with and gone through stuff with. You get your group of four or five, but leaving those guys feels like leaving family. I don’t ever think, man I’ll miss pushing a black and white. I think about the kit up time before a high risk search warrant, the times during the fights that you thank God you're not alone, and the times when your in armor riding to a location and you know someone has your back. My wife has never felt that kind of camaraderie and it shows. Not many will ever understand. Just up and leaving is not always an option. It’d be like saying if your wife and 5 kids get annoying you up and leave.

The problem with OK departments is in most cases they don’t offer reciprocity for other states peace officer certifications. You go through a decade at one department only to have to restart with an academy and start fresh with a full FTO program.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I should clarify that my 30 years was referring to my living in and near Chicago, not wearing a badge. Although some of my very best friends still do that up there.
I was only stupid enough to do that for about a year here in Oklahoma.
Working in law enforcement is not for everyone that's for sure. I see it as a job that chooses the person, not the other way around. Ever since I was a little kid I always wanted to be a cop however, life had a different plan apparently and it ended up becoming my second career after I took a package and retired early from my job as an engineer. Fortunately I have a very understanding wife who supported me 100% in spite of the risks that come with the job. I don't regret my decision one bit what I would have regretted though is if I never fulfilled my dream.

Last edited:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somebody told me once they thought I would make a good cop. I was like um, yeah... no, I don't think so. I couldn't do it. I'm very glad there are people who can and want to, though.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Beetlejuice
LL Beetlejuice.jpg

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Elections have conseqences" - Barack Obama

“The government you elect is the government you deserve.” - Thomas Jefferson

It ain't a cop thing, it ain't a politician thing, it's an electorate thing.

Apparently the majority of the electorate is in favor of this ruling or they wouldn't have elected the politicians they did, if they're happy......................

Latest posts

Top Bottom