NEW Chicago P.D. Foot Pursuit Policy - Have they de-nutted the Chicago P.D.?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
PD,s across the country are in the same situation. Okc PD is offering bonus. Look at the CLEET website at the list of jobs available.
Who in their right mind would subject themselves to becoming the scape goat of the week, to the lap dog news media, and Democratc Piliticians, to LYNCH, in order to get RATINGS, AND VOTES? These politicians are the REAL CROOKS! They can get away with RIGGING PRESIDENTAL ELECTIONS, STAGING INSURRECTIONS, OPERATING CHILD SEX SLAVERFY RINGS, FOR DECADES, and MURDERING WITNESSES AGAINST THEM, WHILE IN PROTYECTIVE COUSTDY!

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s not a job. It’s a calling, and not for everyone. I wouldn’t trade one of my 43 years as a LEO, but I would not be one today. What liberal politicians are trying to do to law enforcement makes me sick. Thankfully not as bad in Oklahoma as in some places. If they don’t back off, they will find they have no police department. 911 operators will have to say we don’t have anyone we can send.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Elections have conseqences" - Barack Obama

“The government you elect is the government you deserve.” - Thomas Jefferson

It ain't a cop thing, it ain't a politician thing, it's an electorate thing.

Apparently the majority of the electorate is in favor of this ruling or they wouldn't have elected the politicians they did, if they're happy......................
Robert F. Kennedy said
"Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on."

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was fresh out of high school, going to college with an undecided major. I had some mutual friends in the college rifle pistol club who were local cops and a trooper. I was invited to ride along with them.

Needless to say, the bug bit me hard! I enrolled in the LE classes and excelled. My local sheriff somehow found out and offered me a job as a jailer dispatcher during the summer months. I did that for three years, graduated, then got a real cop job in a real small Oklahoma town. Laverne. Boy, were my eyes opened to local politics really fast.

Last edited:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eighty percent boredom and twenty percent sheer terror. It really was the E Ticket to life at the time.

In Barrow Alaska we were never bored. It seemed like 50% of the 4500 residents were drunk and fighting all the time. Try working solo on a midnight shift and you call the dispatcher for backup. Her reply “You’re on your own”.
Yep, the two drunk guys stabbing each other just had to wait until I found out who owned the toddler playing in the mud puddle by the road. I don‘t miss that place and will never go back. It’s the armpit of Alaska.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
linkee no workee

Chicago Mayor: Despite Police Staffing Issues, "Officers Aren't Overworked"​

CHICAGO—Mayor Lori Lightfoot disputed the notion that Chicago police officers are being overworked, telling reporters the department gives them notice when their days off are going to be canceled, and they have an “incredible amount of” time off as part of their contract.

Lightfoot made the comments after aldermen approved an ordinance Wednesday providing a death benefit to spouses of first responders who die by suicide. The City Council passed the measure unanimously after its sponsor, Southwest Side Ald. Matt O’Shea, and other aldermen spoke about the hardships faced by officers, including having their days off repeatedly canceled amid an ongoing staff shortage.

Chicago Police Superintendent David Brown, Lightfoot’s handpicked choice to be the city’s top cop, has often increased officers’ shifts to 12-hour days and canceled days off since 2020 as violence has remained at elevated levels. In May 2021, the Chicago Fraternal Order of Police issued a symbolic vote of no confidence against Lightfoot, Brown and the department’s second-in-command, Eric Carter, for reasons including day-off cancellations and shift extensions.

The city is experiencing staffing troubles due in part to dwindling personnel. In June 2019, for instance, the department had 13,263 sworn officers, according to statistics from the city’s inspector general’s office. But as of this month, the department had 11,638 sworn cops, city data shows.

At her customary post-council news conference, Lightfoot disputed “the narrative” about police officers being overworked. City officers “are given notice ahead of time when days (off) are going to be canceled,” she said, including this year for Memorial Day, Father’s Day and the Fourth of July.

“In addition, obviously there are some times when there may be an emergency and a day off has to be canceled or because of a particular circumstances in a particular geographic area, there may be a reason to hold people over their tour for a couple of hours,” Lightfoot said.

“But what I would also say is, you should figure out and look at the incredible amount of furlough days, personal days, and other things that officers have by contract,” she continued, “so this notion — I think the infamous head of the FOP has said as part of his campaign, ‘They’re being worked like mules’ — it’s just simply not correct.”

Lightfoot said she understands “there’s a lot of stress and strain on being a police officer, part of that is inherent in the job but ... the department has taken extraordinary steps to try to ease that burden on individual officers and their families particularly during what I think as I said before is probably the most difficult time to be the police.”

The mayor’s comments drew an angry rebuke from controversial FOP president John Catanzara, who said in a statement that the city’s policy of canceling days off is unsustainable and harming officers’ well-being.

“Fact: cops are burnt out, they are not getting that needed time off, and they absolutely don’t have enough support from this mayor or superintendent. Period,” Catanzara said.

It also provoked an impassioned response by Lisa Carroll, whose husband, Michael Carroll, is a Chicago cop who works with religious communities.

“My husband hasn’t had a day off in 11 days because he continues to be canceled, same for our neighbors, same across the board!!” she tweeted on Wednesday. “A few hours?!? My husband worked 10 hours on his day off yesterday.”

The controversy over police schedules comes as Lightfoot faces criticism over her administration’s handling of public safety issues. The mayor, who is seeking reelection in 2023, has a long, complicated history in the local police reform movement. She’s a former federal prosecutor who headed the board that oversees police discipline and chaired the Police Accountability Task Force formed after white police Officer Jason Van Dyke shot and killed Laquan McDonald, a Black teenager.

But she is often criticized by activists as being pro-police and has sought to position herself as an ally to local cops, with mixed results.

Lightfoot’s administration has bitterly sparred with the FOP since she announced a COVID-19 vaccine requirement for city workers last year — a measure that resulted in the police union and city suing each other.

Chicago Tribune’s Jeremy Gorner contributed to this report.

———

©2022 Chicago Tribune. Visit chicagotribune.com. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

Last edited:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"We give them plenty of days off, and notify them ahead of time that they can't take them."
~Signed,
Lori Lightfoot

:laugh6:

Last edited:

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who in their right mind would subject themselves to becoming the scape goat of the week, to the lap dog news media, and Democratc Piliticians, to LYNCH, in order to get RATINGS, AND VOTES? These politicians are the REAL CROOKS! They can get away with RIGGING PRESIDENTAL ELECTIONS, STAGING INSURRECTIONS, OPERATING CHILD SEX SLAVERFY RINGS, FOR DECADES, and MURDERING WITNESSES AGAINST THEM, WHILE IN PROTYECTIVE COUSTDY!
Don’t you have some kids to scare off your lawn?

Latest posts

Top Bottom