NEW Chicago P.D. Foot Pursuit Policy - Have they de-nutted the Chicago P.D.?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most have families, bills, responsibilities just like everyone else. It ain't that easy to just say screw it, this place sucks, I'm outta here. They've got to make sure they can still put food on the table and a roof over their families head before they can leave that cesspool.
Yeah, I get that, but the job is different than most too. It can literally be life and death, obviously, so to me, the best thing for the family would be to get heck away from there ASAP. And I know it's easier said on my little keyboard than it is in the real world. But, the idea of putting my life on the line daily for an administration and a fair amount of the general populace that hate me? Absolutely not.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most have families, bills, responsibilities just like everyone else. It ain't that easy to just say screw it, this place sucks, I'm outta here. They've got to make sure they can still put food on the table and a roof over their families head before they can leave that cesspool.
Precisely. That's why I stayed so long. Two weeks after I quit I was making twice as much as what I was after 20 years.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I get that, but the job is different than most too. It can literally be life and death, obviously, so to me, the best thing for the family would be to get heck away from there ASAP. And I know it's easier said on my little keyboard than it is in the real world. But, the idea of putting my life on the line daily for an administration and a fair amount of the general populace that hate me? Absolutely not.
In a city
Like that, a lot of family members are indoctrinated or hooked into jobs provided by the “machine” or unions or govt. you can’t get family members like that to go along w a move

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I missed it when I retired and still do sometimes, but I wouldn't go back, not the way things are these days.
Same here. Sometimes I would have given my left nut to still be LE commissioned. It really hurt me to quit. It was time to think about my family and not me. I really liked the investigations leading up to the arrest. That was my fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom