New Compact Pickups: Which One?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know the size but it is different.

Wifey showed me this since she loves her Forester.

Subaru

View attachment 163777
I'd be all over this if they would just build the damn thing. These rumors have been floating around for several years now. Even a diesel version. Has Subaru ever put a diesel in anything? :scratch:
But based on how much I like my Crosstrek this would be my first to evaluate. I'd also look at the Colorado that does have a diesel option.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You'll find over the years, that 2.3l engine is bulletproof. Everyone talks about the 5.0 and 351, but that little four cylinder is the real gem of Ford manufacturing.
Agreed. That engine kept them on top. There's even people putting those in a 2000's Ford GT, old Broncos, and ton's of classics now. Power vs weight is great, and amazing fuel economy for what you're getting. 350HP with 25-27 highway MPG, that's fantastic.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you were in the market for a new compact, light duty truck, mostly for just driving around town, the occasional road trip etc. what would you buy? Toyota Tacoma? Chevy Colorado? Ford Ranger? Nissan? Others not yet mentioned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Without question, 100% I would own a Toyota Tacoma. I have owned 3 of them (and 5 4-runners), my sons still have Tacoma’s as well. Year after year they are the most reliable and have the best resale value. I have had 2 of those 4 runners drove over 200K miles one of them is still here. One of the Active Tacos is at 230K miles (one was wreareneed and sits at the farm) and the other active taco has 150k miles. I try to buy American but the Toyota’s have served me well for decades

Latest posts

Top Bottom