New Fiber optic from TS for ruger 22/45 target

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I checked mine from the center par of the rod. I'm going to try to leave a bit on the back side of the sight before heating to see if I can make the front end a bit larger and how it would look and function.
I tried the big mushrooms, front and back, and for me, the smallest to keep it in the sight worked the best. I thought a big ol mushroom would work best as the front sight is what I focus on, but it didn't turn out that way. You may be different.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried the big mushrooms, front and back, and for me, the smallest to keep it in the sight worked the best. I thought a big ol mushroom would work best as the front sight is what I focus on, but it didn't turn out that way. You may be different.
With little experience I was just experimenting. Was mushrooming the front sight causing issues with light or other? I was going to try more of a mushroom and normal to see how the two differ.
Let me know?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do believe that Tactical Solutions, the maker (or at least, the distributor) of this particular unit would be glad to tell us...I guess now, the only question left is which of us is going to go to the effort this morning to look them up and give them a call? Oh...okay. I'll set the coffee cup down and do it and report back shortly.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I called Tactical Solutions, and spoke to a pleasant young lady named Jessica who told me they don't make the fiber rods and she did not know the diameter of them. She said most everyone else is at SHOT Show right now and I might try back after they return. I googled, and found the same question, still unanswered, on rimfire central. I did find a good source for replacement fiber rods, once we can finally determine the size needed. I may go buy zee calipers if nobody posts up soon.

http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/sight-fiber-optic-sights.htm

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With little experience I was just experimenting. Was mushrooming the front sight causing issues with light or other? I was going to try more of a mushroom and normal to see how the two differ.
Let me know?
All of them have to be mushroomed a bit to keep the light pipe in the sight, although I've heard some put a drop of super glue on them instead of using a bic lighter to melt the tip and make a mushroom. The bigger ones were really brighter. I'm assuming because they could gather more light? The big red dot tended to make me shoot low on rapid fire while running a course. With more practice, that could have probably been overcame, but decided to go back to the small size.
This is my kit that stays in the range bag. Several
e7147dd375e215eacaf9addc011247ac.jpg
of the more common diameters.

Last edited:

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a set from O'Reilly's for $22.00. Works good with digital readout. Home Depot has some for less but they're about as accurate as my prediction of the Cowboys winning the Super Bowl.

Is there any chance I could ask you to mike the actual height of your old sight that you took off the front of yours and what the new sight actually mics out at? If it truly is .44? Mine is a Lite and has a larger barrel and I may actually need the shorter one.