New floor.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good looking floor Rick.

Pretty sure that you've probably already thought about it but I'd definitely get a non-skid throw rug or two and maybe even some of those non-skid cloth socks, the ones with the little rubber bumps on the bottom, or a pair or two of non-skid slippers to wear around the house.

Last edited:

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks great! Glad you went with an installer = well worth the money (materials is what gets you on laminate flooring) Pro installers can knock it out at a decent rate, and we’re too old to be down on knees all day. We’ve done our kitchen twice, over 15-20 years. Water will eventually bite your butt, if you install in kitchen/sun room area. We had unknown fridge/ice maker leak. By the time we caught it, floor was extremely damaged - leaked underneath floating floor. Even if you have water on top, over the years the laminate expands.. no good. We have to use it in the area we do, due to foundation settling. Tile, and all other types of solid/stationary flooring eventually cracks. It’s great flooring, but as previous mentioned, can be very slick. I tried a quick stop one day, and one foot wouldn’t = right knee slam = broken knee cap.
Your floor looks great!!

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good looking floor Rick.
Pretty sure that you've probably already thought about it but I'd definitely get a non-skid throw rug or two and maybe even some of those non-skid cloth socks, the ones with the little rubber bumps on the bottom, or a pair or two of non-skid slippers to wear around the house.
For winter time, nothing better than a pajama onesie with the feet built in. Get the ones with the non skid on the feet.
1631383120411.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom