New Glock 19.5 preformed flawlessly today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
When you get done with the class let us know your thoughts on it if you would.
I'm happy to give my thoughts on the two classes.

First of all, full disclosure. I build holsters at Keepers Concealment so I know Spencer Keepers personally. That being said, I'm am not the type of person to recommend something that I do not really believe is worthwhile.

Also, this was my first experience with formal firearm training of this type. (I do not count the state mandated CC course as firearm training.)

These were two different classes. The Saturday class was the AIWB class. Today's class (Sunday) was an Essential Handgun Skills class.

I was the only novice to formal firearm training in the Saturday class and there was one novice in the Sunday class. Everyone else had numerous training
classes from many instructors from all over.

In my humble opinion these classes are very valuable in improving your handgun skills in many ways. With no exception, those with a lot of experience with training also found this training very valuable.

I observed many instances where those with a lot of previous training were helped to correct problems that these classes brought to light. I am sure that everyone learned things that will help us all improve in our carrying practices and handgun skills.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
A little more about using the G19 gen 5.

I did get a bit of Glock finger today from the bottom of the trigger guard and the cutout on the front of the grip did make my pinky little sore if I didn't completely wrap around good with my grip when drawing.

I may decide to round off the corners at some point but for now it reminds me to get my grip right to begin with.

With my large hands I'm thinking the longer grip of the G17 or the new G45 would better suit me.

There was one participant in the class today that brought a G45 and we were all going to try it at the end of the day but the cold front came in and messed things up so that didn't happen. :(

More holster wear after today.

beabb4112bdae4e34933b9c425027b7f.jpg

Last edited:

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have medium hands and a 17 is much more controllable than a 19 for me, due to the leverage I get w a full sized grip

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have big catcher's-mitt hands and the 19 seems to fit me better than the 17. Go figure. I think it's more than the length of the grip itself; the hump seems to have a little something to do with it as well. I did experience some Glock finger with it until I got happy with the whole undercut thing. Much better now. At least it feels that way in my head so I guess that's the deal.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Thanks for info.I really should take more advantage of having classes like that so close to home.
Sure. If there is anything more specific you want to know i will try to answer any questions.

There was one guy that came down from Kansas with an extensive training resume that was still looking for this type of class to help him gain more handgun skills.

There was also a student that is from Texas, that has been through a lot of training there, that was getting a lot of flack for not taking Spencer's classes while attending college here.

It is very nice to have this level of training close to home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom