New Glock 19X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TuAlum0982

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AF4ED444-912F-4D12-ADC1-B2B267D49A60.jpeg
CFBFC61B-EACA-40DD-B3D8-C1836098D9EB.jpeg
59672796-586E-4718-A139-9143991C32E5.jpeg
CA48A25C-FCCE-4935-93B7-4B60F92A056C.jpeg
Picked up the new 19X today! Also got a great deal on a 22 gen 4 with night sights.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I handled one at FBT the other day. The 19x, that is. I just didn't get it. I mean understand it. The color is ok, but not a reason for me to buy it.

It was the weirdest trip for me to Tulsa...

I spent 30-45 minutes at FBT with a handful of gift certificates I've collected over the last couple of years, and couldn't find anything that I really needed or badly wanted. Walked out without spending a dime. Can't remember the last time I did that at FBT.

Also went to Costco, the wife had a few things in the shopping cart. I spent nothing, bought nothing. Looking at Prime meat, they had NONE in the cases packaged up, the only Prime stuff they had was in the fresh-cut butcher's case (the freestanding one), and no one was there, so I passed, as well. My wife didn't even notice.... she's slippin'.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the Glock 19X was first announced, I was ecstatic! :w000t: I was one of the very few members here who had said so. I had always dreamed of a G17 frame with a G19 slide. To me it just seemed like it would be more balanced. Kinda like a Colt Commander or something.

So, today I was in my local shop and lo and behold, there sat the Glock 19X. :w000t::w000t:

I picked it up...GAWD it felt glorious. :heart: I gently held it as if it were a 17th century Stradivarius. I went over it with a fine tooth comb and loved the way they took the little half moon cutout away and replaced it with a little pinky lip, if you will. I loved the slightly extended and more rounded magazine catch and I adored the way they slapped a set of night sights on it from the factory. Everything seemed like pure and simple "Glock Perfection" up to this point.

Then, there's the color. :scratch:

I absolutely love, LOVE, LOVED the coyote tan color of the frame. I love all of Glocks earth toned pistols whether it's OD, FDE or BFG and this CT will also be a nice addition. :thumb: But I absolutely fricken' hate, HATE, HATED the metallic color of the slide. :disappoin If the slide had been black I woulda bought it on the spot. But alas, me and my deniro both walked out the door with tears in our eyes. :cry3:

Maybe some day soon, the brains over at Glock will make the 19X with a black slide. When they do, you can bet yer ass, I'll be first in line to snatch one up. :rubhands:

TuAlum0982

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think that's a total dud... I can't figure out why anyone would want a 19 length bbl with a 17 frame. There is nothing practical about that combo. Make a 17x without the stupid lanyard ring and I might be interested.

The lanyard ring can be removed quite easily! Solves one of your two issues! ☺️☺️

Latest posts

Top Bottom