New Glock 19X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The lanyard ring can be removed quite easily! Solves one of your two issues! ☺️☺️

It would solve .1 percent of my two issues. 19 slide with 17 frame... I just can't wrap my mind around it. I honestly think it is one of the dumbest ideas Glock has EVER come out with... EVAAAAAR. Almost as dumb as the fish gill slide.. ack.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the Glock 19X was first announced, I was ecstatic! :w000t: I was one of the very few members here who had said so. I had always dreamed of a G17 frame with a G19 slide. To me it just seemed like it would be more balanced. Kinda like a Colt Commander or something.

So, today I was in my local shop and lo and behold, there sat the Glock 19X. :w000t::w000t:

I picked it up...GAWD it felt glorious. :heart: I gently held it as if it were a 17th century Stradivarius. I went over it with a fine tooth comb and loved the way they took the little half moon cutout away and replaced it with a little pinky lip, if you will. I loved the slightly extended and more rounded magazine catch and I adored the way they slapped a set of night sights on it from the factory. Everything seemed like pure and simple "Glock Perfection" up to this point.

Then, there's the color. :scratch:

I absolutely love, LOVE, LOVED the coyote tan color of the frame. I love all of Glocks earth toned pistols whether it's OD, FDE or BFG and this CT will also be a nice addition. :thumb: But I absolutely fricken' hate, HATE, HATED the metallic color of the slide. :disappoin If the slide had been black I woulda bought it on the spot. But alas, me and my deniro both walked out the door with tears in our eyes. :cry3:

Maybe some day soon, the brains over at Glock will make the 19X with a black slide. When they do, you can bet yer ass, I'll be first in line to snatch one up. :rubhands:

But it and have the slide coated any color you want.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually like the 19 slide with the 17 frame. I don’t like the size of the 19 because my hands are too big. But the 17 fits great. But I love my Vickers G17. I may get one of these though. I’ll have to handle one first.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lol

Attachments

• 4EE5B043-1AD0-4731-94D5-D4AE3D05BD67.jpeg
    4EE5B043-1AD0-4731-94D5-D4AE3D05BD67.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 130

GusMan405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know most on this forum seem to dislike the 19x, but I got one and love it. I have put roughly 200 rounds through it and really enjoy shooting it. And by no means am I a glock fanboy... I am a “whatever feels good fanboy”

Latest posts

Top Bottom