New Glock Models

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess that I'm just lucky. I own Sig, Springfield, Glock, Browning, Colt, S&W, in a variety of calibers and not had a lick of trouble outa any of them. Lots of rounds through all of them. Praise the lord and pass the ammunition.

Ya know, I’m exactly the same with exception of an AMT .22 mag pistol that is an acknowledged POS.
All my stuff runs pretty much without failure if I take care on my end to lube and clean.
My POS Kimber as some call them, ran well over a thousand rounds in competition without cleaning and zero failures of any kind. It was horribly nasty looking before cleaning it.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
49603512_10213122566482963_4310460827879604224_n.jpg

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Ran some quick numbers.

New Glock Model Comps.JPG

The G48 is identical in length and height to the G19. Which means they are finally answering the "we want a single stack* 19!" cry from the market.

*not a true single stack, but close enough

I'm very curious as to what parts interchange with what other Glock models, G19 vs G43 vs unique parts. I'd hope the barrel and slide parts mostly interchange with the G19, considering the vast aftermarket already available for that gun. The G43 already has a fairly large aftermarket, so parts interchangeable there are still somewhat available already.

I'll say it again, after looking at this chart: If Sig would make a variant of the P365 with a 4.1" barrel and a dedicated 12rd grip, it would still be shorter in both ways, and thinner than the new G48, and split the capacity between the G48 and G19. For that matter, a P365-L with the same grip would be an amazing IWB concealed carry gun.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ran some quick numbers.

View attachment 129709

The G48 is identical in length and height to the G19. Which means they are finally answering the "we want a single stack* 19!" cry from the market.

*not a true single stack, but close enough

I'm very curious as to what parts interchange with what other Glock models, G19 vs G43 vs unique parts. I'd hope the barrel and slide parts mostly interchange with the G19, considering the vast aftermarket already available for that gun. The G43 already has a fairly large aftermarket, so parts interchangeable there are still somewhat available already.

I'll say it again, after looking at this chart: If Sig would make a variant of the P365 with a 4.1" barrel and a dedicated 12rd grip, it would still be shorter in both ways, and thinner than the new G48, and split the capacity between the G48 and G19. For that matter, a P365-L with the same grip would be an amazing IWB concealed carry gun.

Very good comparison info right there. Thanks for this. This really helps! The G48 then, is a shade bit thinner, a tiny bit lighter, and a few rounds shy of a G19. The concept really IS the answer to the cry for exactly what we’ve been hearing, a single stack G19!

I guess I’m going to have to handle one to see. The old G19 has proven to be a real workhorse over the years; many even say the actual “standard” by which others are often judged. So. If I want something a bit more concealable than the “compact” G 19, but still give me a respectable capacity (and still be a Glock), I can now choose between a G26 or a G48. One is thinner but equal to the 19 in terms of height and length, and the other is shorter but the same width as the 19. The advantages are there for both. The 26 retains the ability to use its bigger brothers’ mags though, and the 48 will not enjoy that capability. Yes. Only a personal physical handling will suffice.

We end up then faced with a plethora of choices in an already crowded market for the right Glock for every hand, every need, every style of carry, and with varying levels of concealment, capacity and capability. A dizzying array of polymer perfection awaits!

SCENARIO:

Imagine, if you will, the “bewildered noob”, staring at the full, seemingly endless rack of Glocks at his LGS in confusion as he seeks to purchase his first pistol. You know him. We all know him. Most of us have been him! He knows he wants a Glock in 9mm cause... Glock. Duh. C’mon, he doesn’t want some nickel plated sissy pistol! But which Glock to buy? Behold! Here; over here on the left, the farrrr left, we gots them bigguns, mighty, hefty, wide-bodied, still heavy behemoths with enormous magazines that hold a vast number of rounds all the way down to the tiny G43 here on the farrrrr right, which weighs naught, it seems, and holds a mere 6+1. “What a bunch of different same stuff! Thinks the noob.

It’s enough to send our noob over to the revolver section, where he often buys a S&W 642; only to first shoot it, like the expert behind the counter said, with +p ammo, he thus learns little that he needs, and knows only that his hand is still stinging, he feels like a wussy, so he takes it home and puts it in his skivvy drawer. Oh well, at least he’s got a gun for protection! He’s armed! His girlfriend will think he’s a badazz pistolero now, maybe. And the expert guy told him it was a good choice, assured him that it was even, because the noob was frustrated by the huge dilemma facing him in just the Glock part of the semi-auto department alone and he was about to give up and leave. So; Bad guys beware: Armed Noob on duty! 5+1 is really enough anyway. He knows that because the expert guy told him so. And because he was so freakin’ confused as to what in the crazy hell did Glock do! How can any sane man pick? He can only afford one, maybe two at the most. (And who in their right mind needs more than two guns, right? He doesn’t want an arsenal after all.) Yet here he is faced with a marketing managers nightmare. A flood of choices almost guaranteed to drown many a prospective new buyer with too many decisions to make. So; like the noob almost did; Exit; stage left.

We used to have L , M, and S. Now we have XXL, Xl, L, M, XM, (M-?), S, XS, and teensy weeny. Choices are good, so they say. Now start crankin’ our them new holsters and separate mag pouches, and mags and connectors, and springs, and pins, and slide locks and extended slide release levers and fancy flat triggers and guide rods and night sights and now let’s Vickers this and Talo that... Oh! Yeah. And don’t forget to buy stock in Black Cerakote to fix the questionable, horrendously fugly Sigma look that they hung on these latest models. It makes my head hurt.

But I’ll probably bu one of these new ones anyway. Or maybe...both. Yeah, both it will be, I can already feel it coming. Crap. I’ll shoot the crap out of ‘em so I can brag about how reliable they are and in the end, probably just end up with a G19 in a year or so anyway.

(Hint: Almost all , if not all modern semi-autos from reputable manufacturers these days are reliable. But it’s one heck of a good marketing word to lay claim to. It’s darn near as good a word as “perfection”).

Now excuse me while I go wipe down my Sig M11A1 and my Walther PPS M2, both of which I carried today. I mean, those are the only two I have cause...who needs more than two? Right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got my flame-proof vest on...…….my favorite Glock is still my G36, single stack .45acp. Easier to conceal than the 19. More accurate than the 26 (at least in my hands). And if 6+1 ain't enough, well, shame on me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom