New Glock Models

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The G48 is identical in length and height to the G19. Which means they are finally answering the "we want a single stack* 19!" cry from the market.

*not a true single stack, but close enough

I'm very curious as to what parts interchange with what other Glock models, G19 vs G43 vs unique parts. I'd hope the barrel and slide parts mostly interchange with the G19, considering the vast aftermarket already available for that gun. The G43 already has a fairly large aftermarket, so parts interchangeable there are still somewhat available already.

The 43x and 48 frames are identical. The slide is just lengthened on the 48.

I can’t think of any G19 parts that would interchange with either. The barrel and slide certainly will not.

All of the fire control parts appear to be like the 43. 43x slide is like the 43. Frame is slightly wider, longer and has a beaver tail added to the grip.

The guns feel great in my hand. I was impressed. The Glocks I own are primarily limited to GSSF competition. The 43X is now allowed in the sub-compact class. I need to shoot one side by side with my 26 Gen 5 to see if I might think it is an advantage.

The 48 would be a very good gun for those that think a 19 is too big to carry.

Both would be great for those with smaller hands. Too often I see inexperienced women show up for classes with 938s and G43s. These both would be far better choices.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 43x and 48 frames are identical. The slide is just lengthened on the 48.

I can’t think of any G19 parts that would interchange with either. The barrel and slide certainly will not.

All of the fire control parts appear to be like the 43. 43x slide is like the 43. Frame is slightly wider, longer and has a beaver tail added to the grip.

The guns feel great in my hand. I was impressed. The Glocks I own are primarily limited to GSSF competition. The 43X is now allowed in the sub-compact class. I need to shoot one side by side with my 26 Gen 5 to see if I might think it is an advantage.

The 48 would be a very good gun for those that think a 19 is too big to carry.

Both would be great for those with smaller hands. Too often I see inexperienced women show up for classes with 938s and G43s. These both would be far better choices.

Can you tell us where you were able to handle these new models so those interested can go check them out?

So, if I have this right, the slides are the same width as the 43, but the frames are a bit wider. Is that extra width in the grip frame area to accommodate the wider magazines or does the width extend to the dust cover? If the width there is the same as a 43; then one should be able to use pretty much any open slide holsters they might have already made for the 43. A Crossbreed and similar come to mind. Think how a 17, 19, and 26 can all share the same holster, in many instances. A leather rig with a tapered or closed mouth might be okay with the 43X but the 48, with its linger slide...it won’t fit those. Curious how this is going to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, if I have this right, the slides are the same width as the 43, but the frames are a bit wider. Is that extra width in the grip frame area to accommodate the wider magazines or does the width extend to the dust cover? If the width there is the same as a 43; then one should be able to use pretty much any open slide holsters they might have already made for the 43. A Crossbreed and similar come to mind. Think how a 17, 19, and 26 can all share the same holster, in many instances. A leather rig with a tapered or closed mouth might be okay with the 43X but the 48, with its linger slide...it won’t fit those. Curious how this is going to be.

The frame is only wider in the grip area, so a 43X will fit any “quality” 43 holster. The 48 is simply longer in the slide, so a pass-through (Jak Slide comes to mind) that the muzzle of the 43 extends through will accommodate it. It would be easy enough to modify most kydex 43 holsters with a tapered open end to allow it to pass through. Some leather holsters might, but need to be supportive enough of the gun to prevent the front sight from snagging on the mouth of the holster upon drawing the gun.

Note, I don’t ever recommend a muzzle to extend past the holster on a IWB holster. And I’m not a big fan of one OWB. It’s too easy to bump the muzzle up against something and push the gun up to expose the trigger, or worse, allow the gun to leave the holster. I have a friend that wears one with a 17L and it drives me crazy!

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks to me like that G48 is basically 1/8" slimmer than a G19, with a mag capacity of 10 vs. 15 / 17 / 19 / 24 / 31 / 33. I personally like the magazine capacity and flexibility more than the 1/8" difference; think I'll stay in a G19.

This, 100%. I added a +3rd Taran Tactical Base pad to mine and Deerslayer's (aka my second g19 that he swiped) to give them an 18+1 capacity and I also added a +3rd TTI base pad to the G43 to give it a better handle and make it 9+1. Glock is just trying to make up something "new & different" to roll out at Shot Show. Nothing like re-inventing the wheel every year.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The frame is only wider in the grip area, so a 43X will fit any “quality” 43 holster. The 48 is simply longer in the slide, so a pass-through (Jak Slide comes to mind) that the muzzle of the 43 extends through will accommodate it. It would be easy enough to modify most kydex 43 holsters with a tapered open end to allow it to pass through. Some leather holsters might, but need to be supportive enough of the gun to prevent the front sight from snagging on the mouth of the holster upon drawing the gun.

...I don’t ever recommend a muzzle to extend past the holster on a IWB holster. And I’m not a big fan of one OWB. It’s too easy to bump the muzzle up against something and push the gun up to expose the trigger, or worse, allow the gun to leave the holster... QUOTE]

@Mad Professor, I tend to agree with you, mostly, but a lot of holsters, hybrids in particular it seems, are made with the muzzle end open so one holster fits multiple guns of the same make with differing slide lengths. Crossbreed Supertuck and similar for example. OWB Holsters like the Jak Slide, most other belt slides, the Yaqui Side and similar are designed as open end holsters too. I would say to be a bit more careful if you are going to carry with an exposed muzzle, and certainly, check things out so you don't end up looking stupid or worse. I just have several G43 holsters already and wanted to know if using one or more of them was feasible with say...the G48, would work until I decided it was ready to get the gun a specific holster or two made just to fit it.

The issue I have seen most and experienced most too was snagging the front sight, seems more of a problem with a leather rig that with a sturdy, open end kydex. And yes, a hair dryer or heat gun can easily take care of a tapered muzzle (curled under at the end where the bullets come out) end on a kydex holster to minimize that sagging problem.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This, 100%. I added a +3rd Taran Tactical Base pad to mine and Deerslayer's (aka my second g19 that he swiped) to give them an 18+1 capacity and I also added a +3rd TTI base pad to the G43 to give it a better handle and make it 9+1. Glock is just trying to make up something "new & different" to roll out at Shot Show. Nothing like re-inventing the wheel every year.

I my experience an extension rarely gives the same support/feel/performance of the same gun it duplicates the capacity of. And rarely is a small amount of barrel length an issue. The only advantage is making it something not otherwise available or preventing the added expense of adding another firearm to the invention.
In your example what does the G19 with the TT base pad gain that a G17 or G19X will not? And I feel the 17/19X will provide a better grip to the gun an will allow most people to preform a bit better.
In your G43 example, reloads are far more difficult with a G43 than a G43X. The base pads and extensions I have used with the G42 and G43 do not feel near as good in my hand as a the G43X.

One of the few that works well for me is the M&P 2.0 Compact “x-grip” style adapter to use with 17rd mags. Because the 2.0c grip is sufficient for me not to limit me with magazine changes, I’m very comfortable with it. It works so much better than the x-grip did with the first generation M&P compacts.

I’ve experiment with a pretty large variety of compacts and sub-compacts. But tolerance levels of individuals vary.

A few of the ones I have experimented with.

Compacts, Sub-compacts, mostly in 9mm with a .380 and 10mm thrown in.

59f86cfb381c3c474fbe54f356693151.jpg

428f73845a82d3b8ccfd01ab99bac45b.jpg

0c496a89f05ea10aa30eb6b4a39df362.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom