New Glock Models

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Mad Professor, I tend to agree with you, mostly, but a lot of holsters, hybrids in particular it seems, are made with the muzzle end open so one holster fits multiple guns of the same make with differing slide lengths. Crossbreed Supertuck and similar for example. OWB Holsters like the Jak Slide, most other belt slides, the Yaqui Side and similar are designed as open end holsters too. I would say to be a bit more careful if you are going to carry with an exposed muzzle, and certainly, check things out so you don't end up looking stupid or worse. I just have several G43 holsters already and wanted to know if using one or more of them was feasible with say...the G48, would work until I decided it was ready to get the gun a specific holster or two made just to fit it.

The issue I have seen most and experienced most too was snagging the front sight, seems more of a problem with a leather rig that with a sturdy, open end kydex. And yes, a hair dryer or heat gun can easily take care of a tapered muzzle (curled under at the end where the bullets come out) end on a kydex holster to minimize that sagging problem.

Honestly, that is one of the reasons I’m not a fan of hybrids. I only own one crossbreed and I only keep it to show others why I don’t recommend it. Same with a Jak-Slide. It is just a compromise I’m not willing to take when I don’t have too. But I understand and have used something less desirable at times to test and train until I could get something more suited to my tastes. Then the other goes to the demo/loan pile.

I’ve waited on a good holster 16-18 weeks more than once. Even ordered holsters before I had the gun to put in it at least one time.

Back on the 43X-48, I know at least one AIWB manufacturer that is already shipping holsters to specifically fit.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly, that is one of the reasons I’m not a fan of hybrids. I only own one crossbreed and I only keep it to show others why I don’t recommend it. Same with a Jak-Slide. It is just a compromise I’m not willing to take when I don’t have too. But I understand and have used something less desirable at times to test and train until I could get something more suited to my tastes. Then the other goes to the demo/loan pile.

I’ve waited on a good holster 16-18 weeks more than once. Even ordered holsters before I had the gun to put in it at least one time.

Back on the 43X-48, I know at least one AIWB manufacturer that is already shipping holsters to specifically fit.

Well, if you recommend them, that’s good enough for me. If so, please post them up so we can give them some business.

Dang. Here I am ready to order a holster and I haven’t even see one of these new models yet. Must be something wrong with me. No! wait! I got it! “But Honey! I HAVE to buy that new Glock, look I have a holster just sitting here that coincidentally will fit it perfectly and it’s just sitting on the humongous holster.pile with the others of its kind. It just wouldn’t be right Honey, after all you’ve taught me about being thrifty and efficient in our spending. I just CAN’T ignore the lessons you taught me Dear, so I’ll go ahead and get one.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bunch a danged drama Queens.

Yeah. See Tanis143,, it’s just drama. Everyone loves drama, right? Maybe Glock had a slow quarter being forecast by the Austrian Bean counters or something so they just stretched the dimensions some on the CNC Program of the already wildly successful G43, bought a batch of some cheap, left over Silver Cerakote from S&Ws Sigma Division, and voila! Glock Nuts all over the world will clamor for these things, and worth it or not, the result is an immense fiscal shot in the arm.

Wait and watch the coming episodes: Glock may soon be making limited edition runs, and then there may be a variety of colors to hit the shelves, Teal, Purple, FDE, OD Green, etc. and the resulting aftermarket will also see a fiscal reward coming their way too. Imagine the designers at places like Ghost Products as they start to ramp up production and churn out new connectors, slide lock levers and other extended controls and such that Glock Nuts will fork over their money for in order to make perfection even more perfect. Communities nationwide will see a boost as well from the tax base and from LGS and big box retailers as the sales ring up. This simple move by Glock is a potential solution to even the burgeoning National Debt and could even lead to an end of the Government Shutdown.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock is trying now, that's for sure. Look at them put a beavertail on there now. Next thing you know in 2025 they'll release a Glock that has a trigger half as good as a Walther or Sig. :D

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
THE NEW GLOCK PHASER......(in 9mm)
Ray_Gun_side_view_BOII.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom