1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Glock Models

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Engineman1960, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Mad Professor

Mad Professor Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Honestly, that is one of the reasons I’m not a fan of hybrids. I only own one crossbreed and I only keep it to show others why I don’t recommend it. Same with a Jak-Slide. It is just a compromise I’m not willing to take when I don’t have too. But I understand and have used something less desirable at times to test and train until I could get something more suited to my tastes. Then the other goes to the demo/loan pile.

I’ve waited on a good holster 16-18 weeks more than once. Even ordered holsters before I had the gun to put in it at least one time.

Back on the 43X-48, I know at least one AIWB manufacturer that is already shipping holsters to specifically fit.

2. druryj

druryj Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Well, if you recommend them, that’s good enough for me. If so, please post them up so we can give them some business.

Dang. Here I am ready to order a holster and I haven’t even see one of these new models yet. Must be something wrong with me. No! wait! I got it! “But Honey! I HAVE to buy that new Glock, look I have a holster just sitting here that coincidentally will fit it perfectly and it’s just sitting on the humongous holster.pile with the others of its kind. It just wouldn’t be right Honey, after all you’ve taught me about being thrifty and efficient in our spending. I just CAN’T ignore the lessons you taught me Dear, so I’ll go ahead and get one.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CGS1 likes this.
  3. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Bunch a danged drama Queens.

4. druryj

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Yeah. See Tanis143,, it’s just drama. Everyone loves drama, right? Maybe Glock had a slow quarter being forecast by the Austrian Bean counters or something so they just stretched the dimensions some on the CNC Program of the already wildly successful G43, bought a batch of some cheap, left over Silver Cerakote from S&Ws Sigma Division, and voila! Glock Nuts all over the world will clamor for these things, and worth it or not, the result is an immense fiscal shot in the arm.

Wait and watch the coming episodes: Glock may soon be making limited edition runs, and then there may be a variety of colors to hit the shelves, Teal, Purple, FDE, OD Green, etc. and the resulting aftermarket will also see a fiscal reward coming their way too. Imagine the designers at places like Ghost Products as they start to ramp up production and churn out new connectors, slide lock levers and other extended controls and such that Glock Nuts will fork over their money for in order to make perfection even more perfect. Communities nationwide will see a boost as well from the tax base and from LGS and big box retailers as the sales ring up. This simple move by Glock is a potential solution to even the burgeoning National Debt and could even lead to an end of the Government Shutdown.

1911master likes this.
  5. Engineman1960

Engineman1960 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
  6. JD8

JD8 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Glock is trying now, that's for sure. Look at them put a beavertail on there now. Next thing you know in 2025 they'll release a Glock that has a trigger half as good as a Walther or Sig. :D

7. steelfingers

steelfingers Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    THE NEW GLOCK PHASER......(in 9mm)
    Ray_Gun_side_view_BOII.png

8. 1911master

1911master Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Got to hold and dry fire both today. Of the 2, I will say I like the 48 the best.

Mad Professor likes this.
  9. druryj

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Any particular reason why? I have not yet handled either one, but of course, am curious about them.

10. 1911master

1911master Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It balances better in my hands. Like a commander 1911.

Attached Files:

druryj likes this.