New Gun Control Bills the media is completely silent about.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okmedic

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here is the latest list of anti-gun legislation filed as a response to the Las Vegas tragedy since 10/1/2017:
U.S. House of Representatives
HR 3947 – Bans parts and accessories that increase the rate of fire of a semi-automatic firearm. (173 Sponsors)
HR 3962 – Bans online sales of ammunition (29 Sponsors)
HR 3984 – Repeals the Lawful Protection in Commerce law that would allow lawsuits against FFL’s and manufacturers (28 Sponsors)
HR 3986 – Would require the placement of tracking ID into ‘all’ firearms sold in America
HR 3987 – Would require a fee to purchase a firearm through NICS and use these monies to fund the CDC to conduct research on gun violence that was previously found to be biased by Congress
HR 3998 – Bans firearms for known or ‘suspected’ terrorists
HR 3999 – Bans parts that increase the rate of fire of a semi-automatic firearm (25 Sponsors)
HR 4018 – Institutes a ‘3’ day waiting period nationally for purchase of handgun
HR 4025 – Expands reporting of multiple firearms sales
HR 4052 – Would ‘ban’ possession and transfer of large capacity magazines (More than 10 rounds) (85 Sponsors)
HR 4057 – Expansion of Prohibition for firearms ownership for being on a Terrorist Watch List
U.S. Senate
S. 1915 – Would require all firearms to be personalized for restricted access and use
S. 1916 – Bans parts and accessories that increase the rate of fire of a semi-automatic firearm
S. 1923 – Expands background checks of firearms
S. 1939 – Repeals the Lawful Protection in Commerce law that would allow lawsuits against FFL’s and manufacturers
S. 1945 – Would ‘ban’ possession and transfer of large capacity magazines (More than 10 rounds)(18 Sponsors)

I have attached links to each proposed bill so you can read this BS for yourselves..

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you.

I did notice that other than 3999 - the supposed "bi-partisan" bill - there are no appreciable amount of republican sponsors.

Also noticed that none of them offered any kind of grandfather clause, repayment, or any "due process". Which means they are not only unconstitutional from the 2A perspective, but also that they violate the Fifth amendment.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is an All-Out Assault on the 2nd Amendment some of which appears Bipartisan and I’m damn sick of being discriminated against as a Gun Owner by people that are either unaware or opposed to the most basic concept built into the structure of our US Constitution: the Balance of Power between the Citizenry and the Government.
A NATION that is SAFE and SECURE because NO INDIVIDUAL is CAPABLE of DOING HARM is NOT FREE and it is NOT SAFE and NOT a SOCIETY of FREE CITIZENS. It is a society structured with the basic characteristics of a PRISON! It is a nation that is characterized by an underlying sense of DISTRUST between individuals.
When the Government and Police are Armed and the Citizens are Not Armed it is Structured as a Police State and not as a Democracy or Republic. The people living under this form of government may as well be referred to as SUBJECTS rather than CITIZENS because they Subject to the will of those in control and all too easily can lose influence or control over those that govern. There are millions of armed citizens in our country. Crime, Terrorism and Insurrection are NOT the significant problems here despite the preponderance and emphasis that this subject gets as suggested by the Media and Politicians (with there own private agendas for power and who knows what).
The current state of affairs amounts to nothing less than bullying and targeting of Firearms Owners for political purposes.
Public outrage after a terrible incident is valid. People can’t understand it (who could) and want something done to fix it! But, the nature of man with his innate ingenuity, Free Will, virtually unlimited options for ways to do harm, chaos and nature itself, there will always be disasters to come. A confident Sense of Security on this planet, in this universe, is a self delusion. The suggestion that it can be provided by laws and government control is a LIE.
Our Country’s Founders were painfully aware that Freedom had its cost often needing to be payed in the currency of blood. The illusions of Safety and Security are not worth trading for our most basic Freedoms that conceptually exist, not by law or decree, but by Nature and Nature’s God! The Freedom to Bear Arms insures and guarantees The Freedom of Speech and from these comes the wellspring of all that we know, and too often take for granted (the benefits of our society).
I’m an old man, now (past 70 yrs) When I went to school, the principles that form the bulwarks of our Republic were part of the curriculum. The Boy Scouts emphasized citizenship and an appreciation for those who sacrificed in the past to leave us the country we inherited as well as our duty as citizens to preserve it. As boys we understand that we may have to serve our country as men in uniform. Well, I did and I have the God given right to express myself (it isn’t illegal yet) and the inherent duty to try to try to leave our Great Country (yes I’m proud of it even if this isn’t politically correct) intact in both form and principle. I don’t want to live to see it die. Semper Fi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These types of bills actually get submitted frequently. Unless they actually get voted out of committee and brought to the floor, it’s actually not a big deal...

I’d be shocked if a single one makes it out of committee.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
These types of bills actually get submitted frequently. Unless they actually get voted out of committee and brought to the floor, it’s actually not a big deal...

I agree. Many of these are recycled over and over with very little change. Notice that the "rate increasing" bills - all three of them - are nearly identical. This isn't a coincidence.

That said, a quick note or call to your representative / senator relaying your sentiments in simple respectful language absolutely can't hurt. Especially in the atmosphere of late.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. Many of these are recycled over and over with very little change. Notice that the "rate increasing" bills - all three of them - are nearly identical. This isn't a coincidence.

That said, a quick note or call to your representative / senator relaying your sentiments in simple respectful language absolutely can't hurt. Especially in the atmosphere of late.

Very true, especially when using the respectful language. We can do more harm than good when we vent like we are known to do on here

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Note/ HR 3947 has 173 Sponsors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom