This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about the law passed by the legislature and signed by the governor that would allow a CCL holder to present his/her card in lieu of the NICS check? That law was supposed to go into effect Nov 1, if the ATF had signed off on it. Any word on that one? (SB 106/ HB1630)

Last edited:

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What about the law passed by the legislature and signed by the governor that would allow a CCL holder to present his/her card in lieu the NICS check? That law was supposed to go into effect Nov 1, if the ATF had signed off on it. Any word on that one?
I reached out to Don a couple weeks back and there was no update on ATF approval. Who knows when or if that will happen anytime soon.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What about the law passed by the legislature and signed by the governor that would allow a CCL holder to present his/her card in lieu of the NICS check? That law was supposed to go into effect Nov 1, if the ATF had signed off on it. Any word on that one? (SB 106/ HB1630)
Inquiring minds want to know. I'm ready to skip my almost mandatory three day waiting period.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ah OK, thanks. I believe that would have applied to when we did not have constitutional carry and you had a loaded handgun in your vehicle

No, that was added in when the permitless carry was introduced. I think it was snuck in by a less 2A minded person and missed. There was a whole discussion about it in here when the new law was passed. That is why we don't have constitutional carry, we have permitless carry.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, that was added in when the permitless carry was introduced. I think it was snuck in by a less 2A minded person and missed. There was a whole discussion about it in here when the new law was passed. That is why we don't have constitutional carry, we have permitless carry.

interesting. Thank you

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Inquiring minds want to know. I'm ready to skip my almost mandatory three day waiting period.
Me too. Do keep in mind, though, that the Feds only recognize background checks for 5 years, so you will have to have gotten your CCL within the previous 5 years. Hopefully it won't take the ATF five years to rule on this.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought this was the case. So if you are carrying without a permit and commit a traffic infraction they “may” decide to add an additional $70 ticket for carrying while breaking the law. Those with a CHL should be exempt from the “may” issue $70 fine. @Don Spencer is that your understanding? Thank you

Latest posts

Top Bottom