This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a short video of New and existing gun laws going into effect for Oklahoma, November 1, 2021.

Don Spencer
President
Oklahoma Second Amendment Association

Thanks Don. I subscribe to your channel on YouTube.
Edit: I'm also a member of OK2A.
For a little history from my memory, Don was on here a few years ago, and some "2A supporters" that were apparently shadow anti gun folks raked him over the coals for some of his techniques to justify open carry. (Not the guy arrested for carrying an ar into hooters.)
He was beat up so bad he left OSA.
Fast forward, the single person in Oklahoma that had done more to advance gun rights and change draconian gun laws that should have never been on the books in the first place is this guy.
The former "gun rights" lobby was an organization called ORA that was nothing more than a lobby to get trapping laws changed so they could run their coon dogs without fear of traps. They did some good, don't get me wrong, but they did some bad too.
The ORA is in total disarray now and no longer a lobby group with our trapping laws slowly getting back to where they should be.
Don is tireless in lobbying our legislators to change and modify gun laws that are favorable to gun owners. He has been personally responsible for everyone of these changes and is fighting for more.
I know a couple of our state legislators past and present, and they tell me that when there is a 2A/gun issue coming up, they expect a visit from Don to clarify what he wants in the bill if it is not friendly with some BS rider.
So, Welcome back Don Spenser.
If your interested in retaining your gun rights and seeing progress like you see in this video, I'd advise joining OK2A to give some support.

Last edited:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any info on this comment that was posted in another thread here?

I am going to call BS on that comment about getting a extra $75 ticket for carrying in your vehicle without a handgun license.

The whole point of Constitutional carry is to be able to carry a weapon without a license. There is also no longer a need to notify a officer when they stop you, unless they ask if you have any weapons. When all we had the handgun license you were required by law to notify.

So unless someone can post a link to the law that says otherwise I will call BS.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably talking about this, but I think this is one of the details that was supposed to be addressed because... as you point out, it's just weird that you can carry a loaded handgun outside of your car but only in your car if you have a license, but not rifle or shotgun in any case. In fact, the law probably changes as of today but this is from the old law. (P.S. I didn't research this thoroughly so I may be a little off on the details and implications. The point is, the comment by the OP is not just a complete fabrication.)

https://osbi.ok.gov/sites/g/files/gmc476/f/2020_SDA_Law_Book.pdf
From page 53:

TITLE 21 § 1289.13A IMPROPER TRANSPORTATION OF FIREARM
A. Notwithstanding the provisions of 1272 or 1289.7 of this title, any person stopped pursuant to a moving traffic
violation who is transporting a loaded pistol in the motor vehicle without a valid handgun license authorized by
the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act or valid license from another state, or in violation of any law related to the carrying
or transporting of firearms,whether the loaded firearm is concealed or unconcealed in the vehicle, may be issued
a traffic citation in the amount of Seventy Dollars ($70.00), plus court costs for transporting a firearm improperly.
In addition to the traffic citation provided in this section, the person may also be arrested for any other violation
of law.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably talking about this, but I think this is one of the details that was supposed to be addressed because... as you point out, it's just weird that you can carry a loaded handgun outside of your car but only in your car if you have a license, but not rifle or shotgun in any case. In fact, the law probably changes as of today but this is from the old law. (P.S. I didn't research this thoroughly so I may be a little off on the details and implications. The point is, the comment by the OP is not just a complete fabrication.)

https://osbi.ok.gov/sites/g/files/gmc476/f/2020_SDA_Law_Book.pdf
From page 53:

TITLE 21 § 1289.13A IMPROPER TRANSPORTATION OF FIREARM
A. Notwithstanding the provisions of 1272 or 1289.7 of this title, any person stopped pursuant to a moving traffic
violation who is transporting a loaded pistol in the motor vehicle without a valid handgun license authorized by
the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act or valid license from another state, or in violation of any law related to the carrying
or transporting of firearms,whether the loaded firearm is concealed or unconcealed in the vehicle, may be issued
a traffic citation in the amount of Seventy Dollars ($70.00), plus court costs for transporting a firearm improperly.
In addition to the traffic citation provided in this section, the person may also be arrested for any other violation
of law.

Ah OK, thanks. I believe that would have applied to when we did not have constitutional carry and you had a loaded handgun in your vehicle

Latest posts

Top Bottom