New gun won’t fire..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeronight6r6

Marksman
Reaction score
Lots of good info! Thanks guys!

Sooo on the lock...my husband was able to get it to fire a couple of times that day. I assume that that might rule out the key and even rule out being assembled incorrectly?!

I looked at a revolver in the classifieds last night and had wondered if one or the other might be better for me...specially for hone defense. But I don’t know enough of the pros and cons of that. I’d have to do some more reading.

Again, I really appreciate all the information shared.

If I remember right on the security lock that’s on the slide it kind of works like a tension screw. If its partially engaged your husband may have just forced it enough to fire a couple of times. The security lock system could be such an easy fix (if that’s what it is) that I would start there first and rule it out as the problem instead of paying someone to look at it or trying to send it back to Taurus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Absster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember right on the security lock that’s on the slide it kind of works like a tension screw. If its partially engaged your husband may have just forced it enough to fire a couple of times. The security lock system could be such an easy fix (if that’s what it is) that I would start there first and rule it out as the problem instead of paying someone to look at it or trying to send it back to Taurus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think I remember seeing that, but I’ll have to check the box again! That would be a face palm moment if that’s what it is

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of good info! Thanks guys!

Sooo on the lock...my husband was able to get it to fire a couple of times that day. I assume that that might rule out the key and even rule out being assembled incorrectly?!

I looked at a revolver in the classifieds last night and had wondered if one or the other might be better for me...specially for hone defense. But I don’t know enough of the pros and cons of that. I’d have to do some more reading.

Again, I really appreciate all the information shared.

My wife has a 38 special and she loves it. Simple operation and easy to conceal. Lot to be said for simple point and shoot of a revolver, especially in a high stress situation. Took a few trips to the range to get used to the double action but she can definitely empty a gun in center of mass, lethally, at self defense distance and she is getting the shot group down to grape fruit size and smaller at 25 yards.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has a 38 special and she loves it. Simple operation and easy to conceal. Lot to be said for simple point and shoot of a revolver, especially in a high stress situation. Took a few trips to the range to get used to the double action but she can definitely empty a gun in center of mass, lethally, at self defense distance and she is getting the shot group down to grape fruit size and smaller at 25 yards.
That's good shooting. My wife is a good shot also. I like it that she has my back when we're out and about.

Latest posts

Top Bottom