New Guy!! Wanting to start into this sport

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRulingFool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to the jungle! We got fun 'n' games! We got everything you want! Honey, we know the names. We are the people that can find whatever you may need. If you got the money, honey, We got your disease... In the jungle! Welcome to the jungle. Watch it bring you to your...

Sorry. Lost myself for a moment, there. Welcome!

... to the jungle!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone.........I am interested in getting started into this sport. I am really interested in shooting steel. I am just wanting information on equipment, clubs, etc....I will be starting with a Glock 22 with a SS guide rod. It is the same gun that I carry on duty everyday. I want to eventually move to a limited or ESP, but I would like to shoot a couple of times before I decide anything. Thanks for everything..

I only read the first page, and decided to just quote your first post.
If your interested in shooting steel, and I'm assuming your an LEO as you stated you carry on duty.
Not a tupper ware fan:D
But they are a really good weapon. I shoot steel , and use optics.
I think I could be faster without optics.
But, Some stages are at a distance, and some are closer. The close ones are a challenge for optics.
I don't think there is a rule that one has to use the same gun in the competition???

I just started shooting steel, so I'm not going to be the expert on the rules.
The only thing I can say is that its fun, and thats what shooting should be.:clap3:

GoldenBear

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. Show up to a match (linked below).
2. Go shoot (bring gun, holster, mags and ammo).
3. Have fun. :D

Actually, go to matches of several different types: USPSA, IDPA, Steel Challenge. Each are of a slightly different flavor. If at all in doubt, remember number three above.

Latest posts

Top Bottom