"New" here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Figured I'd post an intro...my name is Adam, I'm from BA area and been in OK for about 2.5 years.
Big fan of John Browning stuff, slowly working down at that list as I find other stuff that fits my fancy. Member out at USSA...I go there weekly and mostly shoot the steels with friends but am a "jack of all trades, master of none" for most shooting types.

So far my JMB collection consists of:

SA22
1911 x2
Auto 5
Hi Power x2
Superposed

All that aside, my go-to rifle is my M1A.

Thanks for having me.
P.S. Mopar or no Car!

Attachments

• 1dff2262763936a40df7b11470ced21f.jpg
    1dff2262763936a40df7b11470ced21f.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 184

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn, man... be careful listing that stuff. It seems there is a major problem with some kind of communicable disease on this forum that leads to tragic boating accidents!

Welcome!

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Mopar or no Car" ????????? What is that ???? Hit a nerve here.

Man, what is this site going to? Looks like they let anyone in here now. Letting the Ford guys in a while back was bad enough.

I guess I should say "Welcome" --- in spite of that, to be friendly.

OK, Tom Hover, if you have ever heard of him was a friend of mine when I was in nitro drag racing several years ago. He was considered the "father" of the Hemi, which was inaccurate, he just promoted it in drag racing like Petty did with Nascar. Tom's dad, George Hover was the design engineer for MoPar that did the engineering and development to cast the first steel Hemi block, and yes, the "real" Godfather of the Hemi. He had a thought, he drew it out on paper and did the engineering to push out and cause the production to cast the mold for you to fire one up.

George was at the drag races with Tom many years. He knew more about tuning a nitro Hemi than everyone for many years. I remember a period of time, sometimes there are rainy days hoping the track might dry out, many people congregated at Tom's trailer to shoot the bull and pay attention. When George was talking, everyone was listening Tom's sponsor was Coors at the time.

I was always watching the Force guy. I saw him cooking bacon and eggs on his exhaust manifold of his car hauler one morning at the Tulsa track early on morning several years before that. I am thinking, this guy has intestional fortitude, he will either burn out or burn everyone else. Yep, you ever heard of John force Racing? He could not afford a motel, slept in his truck that night.

Times changed, I now have one of Force's Kieth Black 500ci aluminum nitro block windowed out the bottom with a glass top made into a table sitting beside my Ez-chair to sit my beverage on that was cast off that first modified mold with George, Tom's, Force's Bernstine, Purdome, and other signatures on it, 13 in all. Retired Bob Glidden did not hesitate to sign it. I thought that odd. Then I had an opportunity to take a look at the Ford 427 Hemi motor ---- Still has the bolt holes for the mechanical fuel pump.

Yep, I am a Chevrolet guy for anything on gas or alky, but pull out the nitro drum, and the game changes.

Having fun here late night, I was always a high winding small block Chevrolet guy and flogged a lot of MoPars. And, yes, welcome to the ----- what ever this place is.

OSA is full of "unique" individuals, jump into the mess and Enjoy. If you are not having fun, back out and hit the "New Posts" tomorrow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom