New Hunter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i have seen a bit of success down here with folks advertising varmint control/hogs/etc.

"I am looking for a place in XXXXX co. to take my son hunting I have a tractor and I can brushog or fix fence for a place to hunt I am on a fixed income. I will take care of the land like it is my Own."

Taken from an add down here.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure where you live but there are lots of good hunting on public lands. Put in for some special hunts through the Odwc. Try and hook up with someone that hunts in your area if possible. Squirrel season is what I started on years ago and that season opens in May.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a bow and practice now, unless you want your season to be 16 days long for rifle. Have you hunted any other kind of animal before? Deer take a lot of patience on public land.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

dhomoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, like it says I'm new. I used to live in the sticks, and killed squirrel and rabbit, but haven't done any proper hunting. So, I would say treat me like you would teaching your son. :)

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make some friends with hunters in your neighborhood or at your work. Find people that have been doing it for a long time. Need to go with people that know what they are doing and how to hunt. It's more than walking in the woods or a tree stand.
Get the gun you need for the shooting you will do. Get REAL familiar with the gun and very proficient. Shoot a lot before you tear into shooting game.
Hope someone here can help you out. I'm about 3 hours from you.
Good luck and good hunting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom