New(ish) from Tulsa metro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really nice work! Do you use hand tools or power like Dremel tools?
Primarily a dremel/power tools, but not exclusively. I make my blanks extra thick (like 3/8”) and then cut the outline with a scroll saw. Then I’ll clamp the 2 blanks together and use a drum sander to clean up the edges and make both grips identical. The actual carving is done with both a hand-checkering set made for wood stocks as well as with a dremel. I like to use the checkering files to get my pattern laid out, then come through with the dremel using a carbide bit to remove some bulk. Then go back with the checkering set, clean things up again, back to the dremel, etc. Once I get enough depth/contour and have very carefully sanded the pattern down, I put the grips back on the drum sander to take them down to proper thickness.

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
B98C15A8-799D-4F03-A70B-C339EF73ABF0.jpeg

Left to right, top to bottom (or close enough…) Rossi .38spl (grandpa’s), Walther P22, Sig P365XL, Glock 30, 1976 “Bicentennial” Ruger Standard .22LR (dad’s), Ruger P89DC (dad’s), 1963 made S&W 29-2, “The Guardian American Model of 1878” family heirloom, Kimber stainless PRO TLE/RL II. I’m missing a little antique pocket pistol that was made by a bicycle company 😂 Pretty sure I know where it’s at, but can’t get to it easily at the moment.

Last edited:

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
8454257E-6D1E-43F2-9089-6E2496DB6D0C.jpeg

Rem 742 .30-06, Marlin 30-30, 10/22, M&P22 (bought the eotech “used” for a different rifle, and was surprised with a BRAND NEW KNOCKOFF!), Century Arms AK w/pre-ban Norinco 75rd drum.

The AR’s I posted before-
16” is a Colt M4 sporter with Troy rail, Giesselle SSA-E, Raptor CH, VLTOR stock, Trijicon TA11J

10.5” is a mag tactical magnesium alloy lower, Aero Upper, Aero rail, BCM barrel, Raptor CH, Giesselle SSA-E, SB4 brace.

7” is a Daniel Defense PDW with Aimpoint PRO and an extra phase 5 single point sling I had laying around. Haven’t done anything to it yet 😂 but it’s about to get a SSA-E, and 45 degree selector. Pretty happy so far with everything else on it. Probably going to end up with an aimpoint micro red dot, light/laser combo, and eventually a can (which is what I bought it for).

I think that’s enough…pics, I mean. No such thing as too many guns!

I meant to include a pic of my speargun I use when I go diving haha but I forgot. I don’t keep it in a safe so it slipped my mind.

I should mention I do a bit of buying/selling/trading so my collection is always changing. If anyone spots something of interest I’m always down to consider an offer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom