New job tomorrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well...this "Oklahoma experiment" has been fun. I was employeed in Texas after graduation for about 7 years working at a pretty neat place. Work got slow there and they had a sister division in Tulsa who needed help, so I volunteered to come up and help out. I spent 6 months living in Homewood Suites on Garnett working at this place "on loan" basically, while still a resident of Texas and receiving the check from Texas. After 6 months, this place begged me to stay...so we struck a deal, I sold my house in Texas and moved here. About a year later they started having layoffs and at the 14 month mark I got hit and I've now been unemployed since last April.
I was about to move to Nebraska then I got an offer at a similar facility here...so I start my new job tomorrow morning. Kinda excited, kinda nervous, kinda gunshy (after my last experience) so we'll see how it goes. I still have the Nebraska move in my back pocket if need be (family house we use as a hunting lodge but could live there while I get other crap sorted out and live cheap) but it'll be nice to get back into my field and contribute to the greater good.

Wish me luck!

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma kind of grows on you. I have been all over the world. Where do I end up? I live about a mile from the hospital where I was born.

Latest posts

Top Bottom