New Kid On The Block

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USAF Retired

Marksman
Reaction score
Just joined the website/forum. I am looking forward to the information and insight of other forum members. I enjoy working on firearms but am by no definition a gunsmith. I have lived in OK for the last 30 years and am "twice retired". Other than being an amateur "gun guy", I try to keep my Honey Do list as short as possible and my wife and I enjoy planning and taking "ocean cruises", mostly in the Caribbean.

USAF Retired

Marksman
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA! Try an Alaskan Cruise. We did several in the Caribbean. Alaska beats them all.
We have never met anyone who has been on an Alaskan cruise that didn't love it. Other than a refueling stop in Anchorage on our way to Southeast Asia (52 years ago) I have only been to Alaska once. The year before I retired we took a couple KC-135s and, I think, three B-52s to Fairbanks for three weeks in the dead of winter. Not the best temporary duty I ever had. For years we (I) said I wouldn't go on a cruise if I needed a jacket and couldn't wear shorts. Well, I woke up and got over that but we just haven't found the opportunity for the last couple years. We helped our neighbors plan theirs that sailed this past July. I was amazed at the very poor and expensive airline schedules between OKC and SeaTac. We are taking the Allure OTS on her first sailing out of Galveston in Nov and then have a Celebrity back-to-back in Feb out of Ft Lauderdale. May have to look at next summer for Alaska. As we have gotten older we don't do the shore excursions that require a lot of physical activity so the ship itself has become a destination of sorts. I guess that is both the good news and the bad news. I do think it would be thrilling were you to be able to see a whale from your balcony.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Put me down as another who loved the Alaska cruise! We went from Seattle up to Glacier Bay and back, with stops in Juno, Ketchikan, Sitka, Victoria, and seems like I'm forgetting one place. The scenery was incredible... I tend to wake up early, and I would go up to the buffet deck about sunrise and sit and drink coffee and look out the window at the scenery. I'd do it again!

Oh! And welcome to OSA!

Latest posts

Top Bottom