New M&P Subcompact 10/2/2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
SPRINGFIELD, Mass., (October 2, 2019)

Smith & Wesson Inc. announced today that it has introduced the M&P M2.0 Subcompact pistol to its M&P M2.0 pistol series. The latest addition to the M2.0 family, the M&P M2.0 Subcompact pistol features a smaller, subcompact frame that’s ideal for concealed carry. With a 12+1 round capacity in 9mm, the M&P M2.0 Subcompact pistol series includes the full array of M&P M2.0 enhancements. Available in 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 Auto, the M&P M2.0 Subcompact joins the existing Full Size and Compact pistol options that are available in the M2.0 line.

Jan Mladek, General Manager of Smith & Wesson and M&P brands, said, “As the M&P M2.0 pistol series has continued to expand, we have worked to introduce pistols that fit a variety of different needs: from professional use, to recreational shooting, to home defense, to concealed carry. The M&P M2.0 Subcompact is designed for every day carry — its shorter frame makes it more concealable while still maintaining a higher double-stack magazine capacity. One constant across the M&P M2.0 series — whether it’s a Full Size, Compact, or Subcompact pistol — is the legendary reliability and shootability of the M&P pistol.”

The M&P M2.0 Subcompact pistols ship with two magazines, including two magazine extender sleeves for use with M2.0 full-size and compact magazines, as well as a limited warranty and lifetime service policy. The new M&P M2.0 Subcompact is available with or without an ambidextrous thumb safety and is chambered in 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 Auto, with an MSRP starting at $569.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/smith-wesson-announces-the-new-mp-m2-0-121-subcompact-pistol/

cb841f4c288bfcdaab32e0bbea4841ab.jpg

I had a M&P Compact and really liked it. I often wished I would have kept it. I know many have been wondering if this 2.0 version would ever happen.

Last edited:

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/smith-wesson-announces-the-new-mp-m2-0-121-subcompact-pistol/

I had a M&P Compact and really liked it. I often wished I would have kept it. I know many have been wondering if this 2.0 version would ever happen.

I am honestly surprised as the SW rep always tells me they couldn't give the 1.0 away. Lackluster sales prevented it according to him, but maybe the stock on the 1.0's was low enough and they saw enough sales to go ahead with it. I broke down and bought a 1.0 several months ago when I came across one local here. Love how it carries and I shoot it way better than my shield. I still have the shield, but I ran the ETC class at Tin Star with the 9c and am happy with how I did. I really think it fills a gap between the 26 and 19 size wise. I always felt the 26 uncomfortable to hold and shoot. The 9c is "just right"

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my local McAlester gun shops has the older model Shield on closeout for $249 or just under $274 with tax.

They had 15 in stock and maybe have 8 left. I think they are all the 180021 model with manual safety.

upload_2019-10-2_22-9-28.png

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I am honestly surprised as the SW rep always tells me they couldn't give the 1.0 away. Lackluster sales prevented it according to him, but maybe the stock on the 1.0's was low enough and they saw enough sales to go ahead with it. I broke down and bought a 1.0 several months ago when I came across one local here. Love how it carries and I shoot it way better than my shield. I still have the shield, but I ran the ETC class at Tin Star with the 9c and am happy with how I did. I really think it fills a gap between the 26 and 19 size wise. I always felt the 26 uncomfortable to hold and shoot. The 9c is "just right"
The Compact I had was my first M&P and it sold me on their line of pistols. It was a .357Sig Law Enforcement package that had night sights extra magazines and came with a .40S&W barrel.

I added a factory 9mm barrel for a three in one caliber pistol set up. I also got some full sized mags with the X-Grip adapter for range and HD use. It balanced very well with those.

The only reason I sold it was to pay some bills when money was tight. It is going to be very tempting to try one of these 2.0 versions out.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a couple M&P 9c gen 1. I’d like a gen 2, just can’t justify it right now. The 9c would be the last handgun to leave me. I call it my ‘4x4’ because it carries so well, can go almost anywhere and will accept a wml.