New mattresses endorsement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it was time. Our old mattress was almost 6 years old and was getting worn out. A friend of ours had bought a Purple mattress when they first came out and raved about it. Well, we saw Mathis Brothers was now a retailer. We stopped by last week and looked at them. Long story short we bought a Purple Hybrid firm. Yes, it was pricey (though cheaper through Mathis than directly from Purple, but almost $400, plus we got two purple pillows and bamboo bed sheets for free, another $350 saved from Purple), but after two nights sleeping on it I woke up with 0 back pain for the first time in a while!

Not to mention we picked up the mattress in a 2017 Kia Soul. It comes in a vacuum bag, compressed and rolled up. Setup was easy: Take out of carrying bag, remove plastic shrink wrap, unroll on box spring, cut vacuum bag and it inflates in about 3 seconds. There was no required sitting time needed. I sleep on either my side or back and both are comfortable. My wife used to move around a lot in her sleep and now she doesn't. Even if she did I wouldn't feel it as motion is not transferred like on a traditional mattress.

I don't endorse products too much, but if you are looking at a new mattress give Purple a serious look. Yes, again, its pricey (with the extended warranty and required mattress cover ours was just over $1800, wife also bought a purple pillow which is nothing but the grid part of the mattress. Dang thing weighs 20 lbs but she loves it) but IMO its well worth it. Plus it has a longer lifespan than a traditional mattress.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another mattress scam LOL.
I bought a hand crafted mattress made in OKC 20 years ago, its firm and comfortable and lasts a lifetime. When it needs rebuilt, they remove the cover, and remove the real cotton inside (60 lbs), clean it, replace springs and rebuild it for $225. I've not had a reason to have it rebuilt yet. Mattress, box spring and frame was $680 and Made in Oklahoma, not china overpriced throw away crap.
Glad you like your though.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another mattress scam LOL.
I bought a hand crafted mattress made in OKC 20 years ago, its firm and comfortable and lasts a lifetime. When it needs rebuilt, they remove the cover, and remove the real cotton inside (60 lbs), clean it, replace springs and rebuild it for $225. I've not had a reason to have it rebuilt yet. Mattress, box spring and frame was $680 and Made in Oklahoma, not china overpriced throw away crap.
Glad you like your though.

Glad you did 0 research into it before posting. Purple mattresses are manufactured in Alpine and Grantsville Utah.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad you did 0 research into it before posting. Purple mattresses are manufactured in Alpine and Grantsville Utah.
IDGAF where its made. (I do support OK manufacturing when possible) Utah is a liberal hell hole with pretty mountains is all.
I paid $680 for a lifetime queen mattress, thats the point to the readers before they go buy cheap overpriced throw away crap at gerbil brothers.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom