New mattresses endorsement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My family has bought from him for some 50+ years so I find it very odd that he didnt meet the customer satisfaction level
When mine wears out I am gonna buy one from them. I wish I would have known about them before I bought this one. I paid over $1,000 and it is an ok mattress. Definitely not worth what I paid.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the mattress was too hard (we both have bad backs, shoulders and hip pain) So the owner, Jim came out and put a topper on the mattress and we we thrilled that he did this-he worked with us all the while-and agreeably. But it was still too hard so we put a memory foam queen-size on it so we could sleep. We ordered the high dollar foam-I can't think of the name at present and were looking with great anticipation of many years of restful sleep. But int he end we had to call him and have him come out and pick up the mattress and topper and he gave us a refund less 10% restocking fee which isn't bad, Mathis Brothers won't work with anyone on their mattresses. I have to say that Jim came out three separate times to try and make things right. He said sometimes a few people do returns he mattresses but not many.
If you're thinking of buying mattress, I'd give OK Mattress Company the benefit of a doubt because Jim stands behind his products. He has too many positive feedbacks to discount at least trying his company. There are no negative feedbacks that I could find, only positive.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We bought a Full XL mattress a couple weeks ago and like it a lot. We buy firm inner spring mattresses from Sleep World, then a 3" foam topper from Walmart of all places. Gives us the needed support but the gel foam topper makes it comfortable. Also makes the mattress last longer with a good mattress protector.
I don't understand why a new mattress needs a topper? One chooses the comfort level so there should be no need for a topper unless it was uncomfortable once it is set up. But, things happen.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

We both need firm support but are side sleepers. The firm mattress gives us the support but the topper lets our bodies kind of mold in, then changes as we move. There are a lot of toppers out there that are to soft for us, but this one from Walmart is perfect for our needs.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When mine wears out I am gonna buy one from them. I wish I would have known about them before I bought this one. I paid over $1,000 and it is an ok mattress. Definitely not worth what I paid.
I was going to try Jim’s company out but ended up buying something else. Quick change I know. My wife bought my son a mattress off of wayfair about a year ago. It was $189! It is a foam mattress. It came in a box and we took it out of the packaging and it inflated and then we put it on the bed. I have to say it’s the most comfortable mattress I have ever laid on. It still feels the same as it did when new. I didn’t know we could buy a king for us. I thought she got it from a company that only made that one in that one size. Well they don’t. They have a king for $349. I couldn’t believe how cheap it was. I read the reviews and they are excellent. Do I told my wife to buy it. I figure it is so cheap if we don’t like it then we ain’t out that much. It’s supposed to come in on the 3rd. I’ll update how we like it. I am sick of using regular spring mattresses. They all do the same stuff after a while. This one is foam and memory foam.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still looking for the very soft mattress, kind of like looking for that most comfortable pair of shoes and I've been doing that all my life. I think it's kind of humorous seeing old men in a shoe store trying on different pairs of shoes looking for the right pair. Matter of fact, sometimes I tease them about finding that "Comfortable pair." But I'm still looking for that mattress, I looked at the Nector, Purple mattresses, etc and read the reviews and decide no, it's not for me although I know what turns off some people might suit me just fine. But I'm scared to push the button.
Kind of off the subject again, but remember when we were kids and the old cotton mattress on top of as set of springs? Those were comfy.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of off the subject again, but remember when we were kids and the old cotton mattress on top of as set of springs? Those were comfy.
I think you can still get those. ;)

Ya might try a google search, including your locale, or at least, "Oklahoma". Or perhaps "Ukraine" in your case...

Just remember yer probably a bit heavier now, so it might not feel the same.
:drunk2:

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered a queen mattress with latex topper yesterday from Oklahoma Mattress. Hopefully it'll be ready when we move into our new house next week. Currently do not own a mattress and am sleeping/living in a 1976 Airstream. The bed is killing me.

Great business to deal with. They are going to deliver about 70 miles from OKC for $75.

Latest posts

Top Bottom