New mattresses endorsement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is your problem? Are you so insecure in yourself that you have to go into a message board and try to prove yourself to everyone else? You like your mattress, great. It was cheaper than what I paid for, oh well. It doesn't make you a better person. You've done nothing in this threat but belittle me and others for our choice. Get that **** out of here. The fact of the matter is you still have a spring based mattress. My back does not agree with those anymore. Even one that starts off comfortable ends up causing me pain. This morning is the first time in a long time I woke with 0 back pain. I don't care who made your mattress, it will not compare to a solid foam mattress for reducing pressure points. If I could still find a waterbed I would have probably gotten one as its even better than foam for reducing pressure points.

You first labeled the Purple as "overpriced china made crap". When shown you are incorrect on its location of manufacture you had to label all of Utah a liberal hell hole. Then you had to throw in that dig on Mathis Brothers (something that has been proven to be a urban myth). As if that somehow validated your argument. The only reason I went to Mathis Brothers was it was cheaper there than directly from the manufacturer.

Again, we get it, you like your mattress. Good. Great. If you want to argue the merits of your choice, fine, but lose the ******* condescending attitude about it.

The madula oblongata.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also purchased a mattress from OKC Mattress after last year's thread. It cost around 1250 delivered to my house for a queen and base w/ latex topper. So far it has been very comfy and much better than a bed in a box, a cheap Serta, and a mattress I had made by a local mattress manufacturer, M and M. I have heard some good things about purple, but I have also heard it is over-hyped junk, so I went with the safe bet. I'm glad it is working out for you Tanis. The gerbil story may be a myth, but I did go to school with a girl who told me her mom was working in the ER as an RN when Mathis came in.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also purchased a mattress from OKC Mattress after last year's thread. It cost around 1250 delivered to my house for a queen and base w/ latex topper. So far it has been very comfy and much better than a bed in a box, a cheap Serta, and a mattress I had made by a local mattress manufacturer, M and M. I have heard some good things about purple, but I have also heard it is over-hyped junk, so I went with the safe bet. I'm glad it is working out for you Tanis. The gerbil story may be a myth, but I did go to school with a girl who told me her mom was working in the ER as an RN when Mathis came in.
That baby has some weight to it eh? That's how I know it's quality.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it was time. Our old mattress was almost 6 years old and was getting worn out. A friend of ours had bought a Purple mattress when they first came out and raved about it. Well, we saw Mathis Brothers was now a retailer. We stopped by last week and looked at them. Long story short we bought a Purple Hybrid firm. Yes, it was pricey (though cheaper through Mathis than directly from Purple, but almost $400, plus we got two purple pillows and bamboo bed sheets for free, another $350 saved from Purple), but after two nights sleeping on it I woke up with 0 back pain for the first time in a while!

Not to mention we picked up the mattress in a 2017 Kia Soul. It comes in a vacuum bag, compressed and rolled up. Setup was easy: Take out of carrying bag, remove plastic shrink wrap, unroll on box spring, cut vacuum bag and it inflates in about 3 seconds. There was no required sitting time needed. I sleep on either my side or back and both are comfortable. My wife used to move around a lot in her sleep and now she doesn't. Even if she did I wouldn't feel it as motion is not transferred like on a traditional mattress.

I don't endorse products too much, but if you are looking at a new mattress give Purple a serious look. Yes, again, its pricey (with the extended warranty and required mattress cover ours was just over $1800, wife also bought a purple pillow which is nothing but the grid part of the mattress. Dang thing weighs 20 lbs but she loves it) but IMO its well worth it. Plus it has a longer lifespan than a traditional mattress.

Glad you like your mattress but next time you go to buy anything, and I mean anything, you oughta check with the "experts" here who will tell you what YOU need to buy. And you know by now that no matter what you post here, certain, almost obligatory chirping will soon follow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom