New mattresses endorsement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I know it's old school, but have never had a bed more comfortable than a water bed. I'd still have it if the wife didn't want something more trendy, like anyone goes into our bedroom and judges us on what type of bed we sleep on.
BUT IT'S SO 80'S!
Who gives a crap. Sleep on what makes you feel good in the morning.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I did live in both Oregon and Utah for a while, thus getting to know a lot of "locals" and being exposed to their laws to some degree. So, I'll continue to state that the map posted is pretty close to right, at least with respect to voting for national elections. (Mitt Romney is probably the exception.)

Have you lived in either state?
Visited them like u. And have people I know who are from there so maybe it's a location thing...salt lake?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not worried about rebuilding it. It's held up much better than the spring mattresses I've owned over the years and I've owned some nice ones. Not really worried about Mattress king or Mathis brothers as they have nothing to do with what I said.

I'm honestly not sure why you're so emotionally invested in what others sleep on or what they spend on it.
I don't care what u sleep on, I'm just really impressed with doing business with them so long with no issues. Just making the point I suppose.
I'm out

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the thread Tanis. I've thought about a Purple for several years now and my mattress is pretty much done. But I can't see that kind of coin for a block of foam no matter who makes it. I do think I'll go up to OK Mattress Co. and talk to them about their foam and also their latex option. That one looks interesting.

And I don't know how anyone can actually like water beds. I bought one when I got married. A high end fibre filled "waveless" one. I was never so glad as when I heaved that P.O.S. into the garbage can about 10 years later. Never did like it, but the new wife insisted. Never again even if they make a comeback. :nolike:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Waterbeds...Ahh yes, that brings back memories. Some good; some not so much. When they first came out, they were all the rage. I had a really cheap one, always felt like I was trying to sleep in a rowboat kinda. And then, late one night, it broke. Imagine a couple of bathtubs full of water suddenly flooding your equally cheap first apartment. It was like moving, quickly, in the middle of the night after a flood I guess. In hindsight though, it’s a good thing I suppose because at the time, everything I owned could be gathered up in a folded up and very wet bedsheet and carried out to my also very cheap old car. Lost three things that night: my cheap waterbed, my cheap apartment, and my very wet girlfriend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had two waterbeds growing up, then had one at my bachelor pad which was nice (california king with a waveless mattress). I got spoiled with them, especially in winter when my bed was a constant warmth and all I needed was a light blanket. Sadly I left the bladder and bladder container back in Moore when I moved to Vegas and my mom sold it in a garage sale. When I moved back we left a lot of stuff behind, the waterbed frame was one of them.

Never had any major issues. My mom caused the biggest leak in hers back in the day. She was sewing a button on a shirt and when done she did what she always did, stuck the needle into the mattress. I was in my bedroom and all I heard was SHOOT! (more explicit version of course). Walked in and she was cussing herself out. Had a few leaks here and there, mostly from one of the kids doing something. Had one heater go out in the middle of the night. Otherwise no other problems.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
My parents still sleep on one that has to be 30-40 years old. I know pops has put multiple heaters and mattresses on it over the years. He said there used to be one guy left in Tulsa that still sold parts and maintenance stuff. I don't know haven't talked about it in years. He may get everything for it online now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom