New mattresses endorsement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Visited them like u. And have people I know who are from there so maybe it's a location thing...salt lake?

Yeah. I'll agree that Salt Lake City is probably as liberal as one can get, but it is also the capitol and capitols tend to be that way. We were staying in Southern Utah, and just about everyone that we talked with about it referred to SLC as "Salt Lake Sh*tty."

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It's funny that water beds were brought up here because just the other day I was thinking that I kinda miss having one.

Always cool in the summer and always warm in the winter and the firmness was adjustable to get it just right. I had one of the king size wavy ones and never had a leak even after moving it several times.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IDGAF where its made. (I do support OK manufacturing when possible) Utah is a liberal hell hole with pretty mountains is all.
I paid $680 for a lifetime queen mattress, thats the point to the readers before they go buy cheap overpriced throw away crap at gerbil brothers.
This made me laugh pretty darn hard. I haven’t heard them referred to as the gerbil brothers in years. And it was me that said it the last time!! I won’t step foot into there because of their pushy sales people. It’s a nightmare. I always go to marquis in Shawnee.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it was time. Our old mattress was almost 6 years old and was getting worn out. A friend of ours had bought a Purple mattress when they first came out and raved about it. Well, we saw Mathis Brothers was now a retailer. We stopped by last week and looked at them. Long story short we bought a Purple Hybrid firm. Yes, it was pricey (though cheaper through Mathis than directly from Purple, but almost $400, plus we got two purple pillows and bamboo bed sheets for free, another $350 saved from Purple), but after two nights sleeping on it I woke up with 0 back pain for the first time in a while!

Not to mention we picked up the mattress in a 2017 Kia Soul. It comes in a vacuum bag, compressed and rolled up. Setup was easy: Take out of carrying bag, remove plastic shrink wrap, unroll on box spring, cut vacuum bag and it inflates in about 3 seconds. There was no required sitting time needed. I sleep on either my side or back and both are comfortable. My wife used to move around a lot in her sleep and now she doesn't. Even if she did I wouldn't feel it as motion is not transferred like on a traditional mattress.

I don't endorse products too much, but if you are looking at a new mattress give Purple a serious look. Yes, again, its pricey (with the extended warranty and required mattress cover ours was just over $1800, wife also bought a purple pillow which is nothing but the grid part of the mattress. Dang thing weighs 20 lbs but she loves it) but IMO its well worth it. Plus it has a longer lifespan than a traditional mattress.
I bought my son a new bedroom suit and his mattress isn’t a purple but like it. It came vacuum sealed and I have to say, when mine needs replacing I’m getting one like his. It is the most comfortable I’ve ever laid on.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This made me laugh pretty darn hard. I haven’t heard them referred to as the gerbil brothers in years. And it was me that said it the last time!! I won’t step foot into there because of their pushy sales people. It’s a nightmare. I always go to marquis in Shawnee.

I'll let you guys in on a little secret...…….When going to a furniture store with pushy sales people, just tell 'em that you're looking for "accessories" --- pictures, lamps, whiznats, diddledos, etc. They'll leave you alone like you've got the plague. For reals!

Y'all welcome!

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
D
It's funny that water beds were brought up here because just the other day I was thinking that I kinda miss having one.

Always cool in the summer and always warm in the winter and the firmness was adjustable to get it just right. I had one of the king size wavy ones and never had a leak even after moving it several times.
Dont lie... You want that Ocean Motion don't ya. Next you're going to tell us, you read Playboy for the, "articles".

:bolt:

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Casper, 4 years ago. From Casper. UPS delivered. A King for less than 800.00. I have no idea where it was made. It came vacuum sealed. No complaints.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Working in the custom furniture industry for a few years while in college, I can tell you the foam mattresses prices are 90% marketing and maybe 10% foam. The company I worked for also had an upholstery supply business. I would drive to Van Buren Arkansas and pick up the furniture foam. The company in Arkansas had blocks of foam that were 10’ square and ran though a large band saw to cut to size.

A king size foam mattress may have $100-200 dollars worth of foam depending on the foam rating and density. And for the group’s information, there is an HR rated foam that will last longer than 20 years. I have the HR foam in my sofa cushions that I built in 1990 and the foam is still in great condition with no sagging or corner rounding.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Working in the custom furniture industry for a few years while in college, I can tell you the foam mattresses prices are 90% marketing and maybe 10% foam. The company I worked for also had an upholstery supply business. I would drive to Van Buren Arkansas and pick up the furniture foam. The company in Arkansas had blocks of foam that were 10’ square and ran though a large band saw to cut to size.

A king size foam mattress may have $100-200 dollars worth of foam depending on the foam rating and density. And for the group’s information, there is an HR rated foam that will last longer than 20 years. I have the HR foam in my sofa cushions that I built in 1990 and the foam is still in great condition with no sagging or corner rounding.
Would be nice to cut out the middle man and order directly from them

Latest posts

Top Bottom