New mattresses endorsement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma Mattress current price list:

68BE8D80-303B-466F-B4D6-9390E91AA989.jpeg

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
does anyone know how kong it takes for them to make a mattress to one's specs? I do understand that they have some one the floor already made for purchase.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
does anyone know how kong it takes for them to make a mattress to one's specs? I do understand that they have some one the floor already made for purchase.

Talked to them today. Normal timing is 2-3 weeks based on current work load. They do not have floor stock. They are custom built when ordered. They said they could do a rush in 3-4 days.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll let you guys in on a little secret...…….When going to a furniture store with pushy sales people, just tell 'em that you're looking for "accessories" --- pictures, lamps, whiznats, diddledos, etc. They'll leave you alone like you've got the plague. For reals!

Y'all welcome!
When we go into Mathis Bro's I take phone camera shots of the style, model, and fabric type that is on each unit.
Then we call the factory and have it delivered to the house at the same price that Mathis gets before markup.
It's kind of a wierd process because the factories have this stuff sent out on independent truckers.
Your put in contact with them and they will get to your place when they get there. Our last purchase of a china hutch and dining room table that seats 8 came at 4am. We live on a ridge with a crappy road so I met them with the tractor/front loader/trailer to get it to the house at the base of the hill.
They stayed there while we unboxed the furniture and made sure there was zero shipping damage, and it was all done.

All that being said, I had the opportunity to try out a new mattress that some friends have.

a8dff70f3f10475e99176daf34d68dcf.jpg

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait What! This place in OKC that makes Beds charges $1875 bucks for a King 10in Foam bed. They must clearly be ripping off their customers. No one should shop there or trust them.

Yep, but I got my Purple hybrid (not just a solid block of foam) for $200 less than what they are charging for a solid block of foam. Though I do have to make a correction, my Purple mattress does have individual coils. Its 1" of polyurethane foam, the 7.5" individually wrapped coils, 1/2" polyurethane foam then 2" grid of hyper-elastic polymer. The original Purple mattress was all foam topped with their hyper-elastic polymer grid, but it was just a bit too soft for the wife and I. The top layer is temperature neutral, meaning it doesn't soften when heated by body heat. Nor does it retain body heat like foam does.

I'm still happy with it after a week of use. I've had no back pain all week and I've slept better than I have in a long time. Now to buy/build a bed frame for it.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, but I got my Purple hybrid (not just a solid block of foam) for $200 less than what they are charging for a solid block of foam. Though I do have to make a correction, my Purple mattress does have individual coils. Its 1" of polyurethane foam, the 7.5" individually wrapped coils, 1/2" polyurethane foam then 2" grid of hyper-elastic polymer. The original Purple mattress was all foam topped with their hyper-elastic polymer grid, but it was just a bit too soft for the wife and I. The top layer is temperature neutral, meaning it doesn't soften when heated by body heat. Nor does it retain body heat like foam does.

I'm still happy with it after a week of use. I've had no back pain all week and I've slept better than I have in a long time. Now to buy/build a bed frame for it.
They have GREAT commercials too

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When we go into Mathis Bro's I take phone camera shots of the style, model, and fabric type that is on each unit.
Then we call the factory and have it delivered to the house at the same price that Mathis gets before markup.
It's kind of a wierd process because the factories have this stuff sent out on independent truckers.
Your put in contact with them and they will get to your place when they get there. Our last purchase of a china hutch and dining room table that seats 8 came at 4am. We live on a ridge with a crappy road so I met them with the tractor/front loader/trailer to get it to the house at the base of the hill.
They stayed there while we unboxed the furniture and made sure there was zero shipping damage, and it was all done.

All that being said, I had the opportunity to try out a new mattress that some friends have.

a8dff70f3f10475e99176daf34d68dcf.jpg
Dennis, seen here, gives hope to ugly bastidges that they too can get a good lookin woman

:clap3: LOL

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thinking of a new mattress soon myself. I am still using the heavy duty waterbed furniture, headboard, dresser, chest and night stands, and double stacked drawers I bought in the 70's. Really built well and still looks good. No particle board in that stuff. haha Took the sides off the bed and have a standard king mattress on a couple sheets of 3/4 plywood cut to fit

Thanks for all the comments.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We like the old flippable mattresses and OK Mattress Co. can make them innerspring but they're somewhat firm on a adjustable base. For the plush of softer bed, they have the foam mattresses but hey cannot be flipped.

Latest posts

Top Bottom