New member, interested in AKs and ARs, especially AK builds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikhailk

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a new member today. A guy at the range spent a lot of time with me this weekend, helping me zero in my Arsenal ak iron sights. Thanks for that btw, if you see this. He mentioned this site and I thought I'd join to learn some more from you guys. I have a new Arsenal ak47 and a ruger ar556 along with various handguns (9, 40, 45). I've been particularly interested in the AKs and ARs recently. I'd love to meet some people in the Tulsa area, who build their own AKs and learn from them, so I can possibly build my own.

Thanks

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcom mikhaik:
I'm an AK and AR guy. I have the new century arms WASR 10 Ak 47 with no issues at all. I built one AK but did a poor job. Look around on this site and you will find someone to point you in the right direction. The key is the correct milling etc. They are a very simple weapon and that's why they are so popular. No delicate parts and complicated systems. Look at the AK operators forum and youtube for step by step. Again, quality parts from the type of AK you want. I like the Romanians, but thats just me.

mikhailk

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome! I was the guy with the freshly built AK, glad you got some help. Right place at the right time huh? I heard that Arsenal was throwing some really nice groups.
How did your build turn out? Its been a while since I've been on here. 7 AKs later, I still would like to build my own. Hopefully I can get connected with someone who is interested in showing me how.
Thanks

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How did your build turn out? Its been a while since I've been on here. 7 AKs later, I still would like to build my own. Hopefully I can get connected with someone who is interested in showing me how.
Thanks
Turned out great! I did the Pawnee Run n Gun with it, got 500 yard hits in with no problem. Have used it to teach some kids to shoot or at least give them a taste. Overall it's just about my favorite rifle. Also killed a deer with it last year.

I hope to build another one in 5.45 but time and funds rarely show up at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know squat about AKs, but if you decide you want to do an AR build, hit me up. I've built a ton. I've been thinking we need to get another Tulsa get-together for AR builds. We had a blast last time, it was awesome. I think we had 15 or 16 guys show up and put together like a half-dozen rifles. I'm always up for an excuse to buy the parts and build another AR! :D It's a fun hobby!

mikhailk

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Turned out great! I did the Pawnee Run n Gun with it, got 500 yard hits in with no problem. Have used it to teach some kids to shoot or at least give them a taste. Overall it's just about my favorite rifle. Also killed a deer with it last year.

I hope to build another one in 5.45 but time and funds rarely show up at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

That sounds awesome. I hope I get a chance to build one sometime.

Latest posts

Top Bottom